1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Banned
Staccato P, Staccato C2, Dan Wesson Vigil 45, Dan Wesson ECO 9mm, Dan Wesson Vbob 45
I'm sure if you use the search function, you'll find plenty of good information lol. There are lots of good videos on YouTube. If you can remove your slide, unscrew three screws from the frame, and remove your mag catch, the trigger will slide right out. You don't have to take the fire control parts out on a 2011 like a 1911.

I've never seen a red dirt trigger made for Staccato have to be fitted, they usualky drop right in. It honestly took me longer to get the pre-travel and overtravel set to where I like than it did to break everything down and drop the trigger in and put back together.

Banned
Staccato P, Staccato C2, Dan Wesson Vigil 45, Dan Wesson ECO 9mm, Dan Wesson Vbob 45
That is what I thought
I'm between an F2 and F3. I went with the F2 because my wife also likes to shoot my staccato's and the 2 fits her better. I like to think that if I went to an F3, the proper sizing would help me from shooting slightly left, but its mainly an excuse to buy a solid black trigger.

Banned
I have a 2 on each already. I believe I'm putting too much pressure on the trigger, and the 3 would allow proper placement. I only notice it when I'm running the gun fast, and it it is only a slight amount unless I'm going out to 25 yards.

Banned
I dont shoot down, just left, very slightly. More support hand pressure would probably fix it. I have years of shooting double action revolvers where you are closer to the joint than the tip of the finger (which typically makes a right handed shooter push right). Old habits pop up when you are pushing yourself and the gun. Being able to land in a more "natural" grip and correct length consistently helps. That's part of why I went to a flat trigger in the first place. It feels the same no matter where your finger lands.

Banned
I've seen the measuring diagram on there web site and know what they suggest for me. I was just curious if anyone knew what matched up to the center of a factory curved trigger was all.
I would measure your finger and your gun. Staccato has different sized triggers also. They do have a standard size, but without seeing your gun, it's hard to say whether you have thier standard length or not.

Banned
I will also add that flat triggers and curved triggers of the same length do feel different. You are better off measuring your finger and following the sizing guide.

Banned
That's not how Red Dirt measures. Measure your factory trigger while its installed or your finger. None of us can help you get the right size for your finger/gun if you cant follow the manufacturers recommended method.

Banned
I can comprehend just fine. Obviosuly YOU can't comprehend because the chart they use to compare triggers to thiers was already posted.

A factory staccato trigger doesn't compare to thier trigger. It measures .406, which is longer than an F2 and shorter than an F3 based on the chart. That's why you have to also measure your finger. You're welcome.

Is this gonna be like the thread where everyone helps the guy and he calls them douchebags, or another "I failed to follow the manufacturers recommendations but I'm gonna come bash them because I didn't get what I wanted" thread?

Banned
Oh. An F2 measures 2.56 the way you measured from the grip safety. So probably too short. Again, you're welcome

Banned
That's what calipers and the chart are for. You have both, but that's OK, we did the work for you and anyone else that reads it. Next time, try not to jump down the throats of the people that are helping you.... that's what you came here for, and that's what you got.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts