1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What size Red Dirt flat would be the same reach as the factory Staccato curved trigger in a P model?
If you look on red-dirt鈥檚 website they tell you how to measure for your correct size. Seems to me that F3 may be kind of the standard seeing as that鈥檚 the size DSC went with exclusively. I have what I would say average sized hands. Where a size Large gloves.

Banned
Staccato P, Staccato C2, Dan Wesson Vigil 45, Dan Wesson ECO 9mm, Dan Wesson Vbob 45
I dont shoot down, just left, very slightly. More support hand pressure would probably fix it. I have years of shooting double action revolvers where you are closer to the joint than the tip of the finger (which typically makes a right handed shooter push right). Old habits pop up when you are pushing yourself and the gun. Being able to land in a more "natural" grip and correct length consistently helps. That's part of why I went to a flat trigger in the first place. It feels the same no matter where your finger lands.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Interesting. All my atlas guns run amazing trigger setups, flat of course. I鈥檝e seen a few red dirt in person, the shoe design doesn鈥檛 appeal to me, but their engineering is solid. Glad to hear their dial in and setup is that simple and precise.

Lately I鈥檓 testing out cheely triggers. This one about to go in a staccato.

View attachment 1181593
My Erebus came with a curved trigger, hence the want to change. I had thought about just buying a new shoe through atlas but once I installed the Red Dirt on the STI I decided to go with that one for the Atlas. Stock trigger weight in the Atlas was already insane at sub 2lb, but did have quite a bit of pre-travel

Banned
Staccato P, Staccato C2, Dan Wesson Vigil 45, Dan Wesson ECO 9mm, Dan Wesson Vbob 45
I've seen the measuring diagram on there web site and know what they suggest for me. I was just curious if anyone knew what matched up to the center of a factory curved trigger was all.
I would measure your finger and your gun. Staccato has different sized triggers also. They do have a standard size, but without seeing your gun, it's hard to say whether you have thier standard length or not.

Banned
I will also add that flat triggers and curved triggers of the same length do feel different. You are better off measuring your finger and following the sizing guide.

Premium Member
I did do that as I stated above. According to there recommendation I should go with an F4 which I think would be longer than I would like. If I knew what size trigger of there's was equivalent to my factory trigger than I could decide. Thanks anyway

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I did do that as I stated above. According to there recommendation I should go with an F4 which I think would be longer than I would like. If I knew what size trigger of there's was equivalent to my factory trigger than I could decide. Thanks anyway
@Snatch13 posted the chart and how to measure/compare on the previous page 馃憤馃徎 hopefully that helps. Honestly from the emails I swapped with Red-Dirt, they seemed to stand behind their measurement chart and it sounded like they鈥檇 accept in exchange if you weren鈥檛 satisfied. Don鈥檛 quote me, but just what I gathered. I鈥檇 call and chat with them, maybe they could give you assistance

Premium Member
I'll call them and see what they say is comparable to my factory triggers reach. I'll probably order a solid F3 from DSC. If anyone could measure there F3 reach I would appreciate it. I measured from the web of my GS while depressed to the center of the face of my trigger at the wall. First is a stock Staccato P and the 2nd is a stock Prodigy.
Calipers Finger Air gun Musical instrument accessory Measuring instrument
Watch Finger Calipers Material property Auto part

Banned
That's not how Red Dirt measures. Measure your factory trigger while its installed or your finger. None of us can help you get the right size for your finger/gun if you cant follow the manufacturers recommended method.

Premium Member
I did measure the WAY they recommended and that method suggest an F4 as I've already said. I wanted to know what size trigger of there's compared to MY factory trigger. If YOU can comprehend THAT. Anyone with a caliper and a Red Dirt trigger and a few minutes on there hands that could take a measurement like I did could help me compare that. Easy enough I would think.

Banned
I can comprehend just fine. Obviosuly YOU can't comprehend because the chart they use to compare triggers to thiers was already posted.

A factory staccato trigger doesn't compare to thier trigger. It measures .406, which is longer than an F2 and shorter than an F3 based on the chart. That's why you have to also measure your finger. You're welcome.

Is this gonna be like the thread where everyone helps the guy and he calls them douchebags, or another "I failed to follow the manufacturers recommendations but I'm gonna come bash them because I didn't get what I wanted" thread?

Banned
That's what calipers and the chart are for. You have both, but that's OK, we did the work for you and anyone else that reads it. Next time, try not to jump down the throats of the people that are helping you.... that's what you came here for, and that's what you got.

Premium Member
I wasn't aware I was jumping down anyone's throat. I went to there site and measured my finger as they suggested and that info suggest an F4. I just wanted to know what was closest to what I had stock for comparison sake was all. I like the reach of the factory trigger but would like to have a flat faced trigger and wanted to keep the reach about the same. I'll go with the F3 based on the info you stated above. Again, thanks for the help.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts