1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
That's not the Trijicon RMR plate. Is ACW doing their own custom mounting solution?

By the way, don't use the garbage non-liquid stuff that comes pre-applied to optic screws. I hate it so much. Scrub it off and use your own blue Loctite. I think I've heard of some people using purple but I've never had a problem with blue. I also witness-mark all my screws so I know if they start to back out, but to date that's never happened to me.
I used the screws that came with both of my RMRcc's that had factory applied threadlocker on them. No issues after several thousand rounds through my Glock 43X's. I used blue Loctite for the RMR on my Glock 17, but went with the factory threadlocker on my RMRcc's because I've seen too many people shear screws that were secured with liquid threadlocker. I haven't changed the battery in my RMR since I mounted it 2 years ago so I guess I'll see what happens when I finally remove the screws.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
I’ve never had an issue with factory applied chalky thread locker. I do use witness marks on my screws though. And irons that get paired with dots are blacked out for me. White dots defeat the purpose IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you use all black sights on your guns without dots?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts