1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ยท
Registered
7,366 Posts
But it does dance around while shooting fast and that I'm not so fond of.
Your iron sight does also. You just canโ€™t see good enough to tell. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

The red dot is great at the diagnosis of issues. Everything you are seeing with the dot you are also doing with irons.

ยท
Registered
7,366 Posts
If you train enough you can eventually get to the place that you can just point and shoot. It took me a while and a whole bunch of ammo but I eventually got there. Both eyes open too by the way. Once you get it down it's amazing how fast you can get rounds on target. But you really have to spend the time at it. Heck, I've had pistols that I didn't even need sights.

I've often thought about a 1911 Commander naked slide, blacked out with no sights. The voids filled in and dehorned all over and with a DLC coating.
And you can still shoot the same way with a red dot mounted on top of your slide.

But some people want to complain about how slow they are with the dot or how shaky they are. The dot doesnโ€™t change how you shoot. It just shows you exactly where the bullet is going to hit when the shot goes off though. The dot is not some mythical or magical thing. It just shows what the gun is doing way better then any one can perceive with iron sights. Do you need that level of accuracy or re assurance with every shot? Probably not. But itโ€™s nice to have when you need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts