1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my dillion dies but have heard great things about these Redding pro series( 3 die set) titanium dies.

if you have a set--what makes them better? what do you like about them?

do you feel that they are worth the extra cost( ranging from $123- 257) a set?

thanks

Reactions: simonp

·
Registered
167 Posts
My god that's a lot for a set of dies. If its just titanium and not nitrided or anything I cant really see the benefit from a material standpoint. If someone can educate me please do so.

I really like carbide for reloading dies. Not necessary to lube and its easier on the press because you shouldn't cam into them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Redding dies are typically beautifully finished. They LOOK pretty. They work just like most other dies, though.

Reactions: boatdoc

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am assuming that the OP is referring to titanium carbide dies. I have found them to be much smoother during the resize than carbide. My hangup with them was that the expander button was still just carbide. So it was still rough on the return stroke. Redding finally came out with the titanium carbide expander. Very happy with the setup now. They are expensive though...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Been using the Redding Pro Series dies for MANY years; loading 9mm and .45acp. Their lifetime warranty is also one of the best in the business. Pro Titanium Carbide Sizer, Pro Micrometer Seating Die, and Pro Micrometer Taper Crimp Die.

Highly Recommended!

:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts