1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can't really discuss Custom 1911's without Bill Wilson getting a chapter, the Wilson Custom Shop well established and incredibly busy by the time this Colt left Hartford in 1990, Bill and crew had developed their benchmark magazine, many Custom parts and even a book written on the subject of the custom Combat Auto in 1991 with help from Cam Hopkins and Jerry Barnhart. The Growth of that parts catalog and subsequent writings would open floodgates making it much easier to build quality custom 1911's for many a one man shops.

This Wilson Combat Custom Colt is a lovely example of the shops work from the 90s, beautifully fit and checkered. This gun, even though stainless wears the Classic matte Hardchrome finish. Gun has some holster wear, and an idiot mark, but is still quite clean and crisp. There was a ding in the beavertail the previous owner sanded out, leaving a bare spot, if the buyer wants I am happy to send the BTGS in with my next batch of hardchrome to have it replated.

$2375 Shipped OBO

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
Rectangle Trigger Material property Office equipment Office supplies
Brown Rectangle Trigger Material property Font
Sleeve Wood Everyday carry Rectangle Belt
Sleeve Wood Everyday carry Rectangle Belt
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Revolver
Trigger Material property Revolver Wood Air gun
Trigger Material property Gun barrel Wood Camera
Wood Font Rectangle Magenta Electric blue
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tail & brake light Automotive exterior
Office supplies Bumper Gadget Communication Device Stationery

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,234 Posts
Dammit Karl, I've run out of play money otherwise it would be mine. Nice gun, a great representation of the days before factory built "semi-custom" 1911s took off.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I do not know why this remains available, but here it is, Lets see if anyone wants an early morning deal...

rock bottom before it head to auction, $1911 shipped
Shocked personally!

This is definitely one of those if only there wasn't a roster or if I had escaped Kali already guns.

·
Vendor
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One last go around before it either goes in the safe or off to auction

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,234 Posts
Thank God!! I've been going through my inventory knowing I have nothing to sway Karl with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts