SOLD REDUCED! Custom Double-stack Rock River-Para 9mm &38 Super switch!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by MSGT2511, Jan 20, 2019.

1. MSGT2511

MSGT2511 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 14, 2016
    I got caught up in the "I've gotta have this" mentality when I bid on this on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago. I just picked this up last week, and it is everything I expected. A very nice custom built double-stack 9mm pistol. Rock River used a Canadian Para lower to build this 9mm. They added their slide and the internals to make on heck of a pistol. They also fitted a Kart 38 Super barrel and corresponding recoil spring to the gun, so it's like 2 guns in 1!

Here is the description from the GB ad:

ONE OF A KIND AS NEW PARA DOUBLE STACK FRAME WITH CUSTOM ROCK RIVER TOP END, SET UP FOR 9MM WITH EXTRA .38 SUPER KART BARREL AND RECOIL SPRING SO YOU CAN SHOOT BOTH CALIBERS! FIBER OPTIC FRONT SIGHT, ROCK RIVER ADJ. REAR SIGHT. ROCK RIVER CHECKERED THE SLIDE STOP AND FRONT AND REAR STRAPS AT 25 LPI, ADDED A 3-HOLE ADJ. TRIGGER AND THEIR SERRATED SPEED HAMMER AND FINISHED THIS PISTOL IN A FLAWLESS BLACK FINISH WITH HIGH POLISHED FLATS AND FRONT+REAR SLIDE SERRATIONS. WOW! 3 MAGS WITH 38 SUPER KART BARREL, RECOIL SPRING AND EXTRA GRIPS INCLUDED.

So why am I selling? I am hoping someone will take this off my hands and like it as is. For me, I do not like adjustable sights on a carry gun. I also do not like the fiber optic front sight, and prefer a more subdued finish, like Nitride. I also prefer a single side safety. I have already contacted Bob at Nighthawk, and if I keep this, it will cost me another $800 to make it the way I like it. So, if you're interested, please give this a new home before I spend $800 MORE than I already spent on the gun.

I have not shot this one, just did a basic breakdown and cleaning. The 9mm barrel looks like it has been shot a decent amount, and the 38 Super looks lightly used in comparison, with very little wear on the barrel hood. The bushing, a KART, is TIGHT! Think Les Baer or Springfield Professional, but the slide moves like it's on ball bearings, and the action breaks very easily. But, you'll need a bushing wrench to turn the bushing, and some force to get it out of the slide. The trigger is very nice, and I would guess is in the 3.5 to 4lb. range.

I purchased two extra Mec Gar 17 round mags, so you'll get three 17 rounders, and two 10 rounders, a nice carry bag, the 38 Super Kart Barrel and recoil spring. The GB ad gave impression there was a second bushing for the 38 Super Barrel, but this is not the case, both barrels are fitted to the one Kart bushing.

I paid over $1600 with shipping and fees, plus the cost of the two extra mags. I will "catch and release" (ala sigsauerstx) for $1500 Shipped, from my FFL to yours. No trade offers, please, as I need to recoup some of the money I already spent....And PLEASE save me another $800 dollars!!

Pics are from the GB ad, I will add more tomorrow.

Here is a link to the GB auction:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/794490304

Payment via USPS Money Orders or Certified Check. Sorry, no Paypal.

PM if interested. Thanks!

WAS $1500 SHIPPED FFL to FFL, NOW REDUCED TO $1400 SHIPPED!

Rock River Para.jpg RR Para .jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    ronin11, UBOATDOC, Recoil and 7 others like this.
  2. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Damn, I really like this!

bobo3020, ZArugby and MSGT2511 like this.

3. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    I do too (or really would, once Nighthawk worked their magic)! I am struggling with this one...….just trying to save some money that I DO NOT need to spend right now. :o.o:

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  4. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    GLWS. Anything Rock River Arms puts out is top stuff.

Jollyroger1 and MSGT2511 like this.
  5. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
  6. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Not that there should be, but if any doubts rest assured Brian is a great guy! I’d buy from him again in a heartbeat.

Glws!

7. 10mm Guy

10mm Guy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2018
    I second this...buy with confidence. Excellent guy!

GLWS sir!

8. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    Weekend Bump for a one-of-a-kind double-stack pistol......well, actually 2 pistols in one!

9. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    ronin11, 41 Charlie, bobo3020 and 4 others like this.
  10. Jollyroger1

Sep 19, 2015
    She’s a beauty!

MSGT2511 likes this.
  11. Kaboom

Kaboom Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Dang, I was so close to winning that auction too. Would consider buying it now but just bought another Rock River 1911 that the dealer had for sale last week. It’s a single stack 38 super. And the bushing is super tight on this one as well. Had to sand it down to get it to fit easier in the slide.

MSGT2511 likes this.
  12. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    So YOU are the one! LOL you cost me another $400!! Guess I shoulda quite while I was behind!! Live and (never!) learn.....:)

41 Charlie and Kaboom like this.
  13. Kaboom

Kaboom Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    LOL. Guilty as charged. Ive been on both sides of winning/losing GB auctions in the final minutes myself. Over the years I haven’t learned to control the compulsive bidding when its that shiny, pretty something staring at me. A real 1911 addicts problem...ha ha. Good luck with the sale. It’s a beautiful, unique piece !

MSGT2511 likes this.
  14. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    Thanks! Had a known it was a fellow Addict, I (well.....MAYBE) would have bowed out. Too bad you purchased that nice single stack RRA 38 Super, but glad you found something else you were seeking. Enjoy, that looked like a very nice one as well.

Kaboom likes this.
  15. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    Pre-hump day bump!

Here is a nice double-stack 9mm AND 38 SUPER at half the price (or more) of the new double-stacks from the likes of Nighthawk, Guncrafter, etc....and you don't have to run those STI magazines that are expensive, and need "tuning".

Jollyroger1 and bobo3020 like this.
  16. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    Price reduction BUMP!

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  17. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSGT2511 likes this.
  18. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    Tuesday BUMP!

Remember Guys (and Gals) this is a custom by Rock River, and is like getting two guns in one! Think about a "payload" of 18 rounds of 38 Super on your hip, with a spare mag (or two) you're set for pretty much any "situation".

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  19. Jollyroger1

Sep 19, 2015
    Someone needs to buy this ASAP!

MSGT2511 likes this.
  20. MSGT2511

May 14, 2016
    Yep, 'cause I'm close to withdrawing and sending it off to Nighthawk.....:bang:

Jollyroger1 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted