1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TRADED to John Butler
I traded into this fine specimen with a great member here but after about 100 rounds, it’s just not for me.
I would rate this gun as excellent condition. Please verify for yourself with the photos and please ask questions.
Included is the bag it came in and two magazines.
I’m asking $2750 shipped to your FFL. Reduced to $2650
I would entertain a trade on a quality double stack. Plus or minus money.
Thank you for looking.

Brown Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger
Gun Brown Firearm Photograph White
Brown Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger
Gun Brown Firearm Photograph White
Metal Composite material Household hardware Tool Iron
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black
Gun Firearm White Trigger Black

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
fudge...and I am a sucker for bobtail commanders in .45 and I do not have a GC.

Reactions: colrhino

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ll send you what I can on Monday. I don’t believe I have the build sheet though.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I traded into this one. I can’t answer the round count but it’s definitely not hurt in any way. Are there specific photos that could prove that to you?
The guy I traded was the original owner and said he didn’t shoot it much. Traded him a Freedom Arms 83 in 41 mag.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Metal Trigger
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Metal Trigger
Trigger measures 6#? I can’t believe that! It sure doesn’t feel like it’s that much. I never checked it because it didn’t feel like that but that’s what the Lyman says, 3 times.
Please see attached photos. If you want something else specific, please ask.
Thank you,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s a 1911, only single action. It shoots well as is so I don’t know that lightening it will improve anything? I would have guessed 3-4 pounds, LOL.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe my Lyman.
It was a 3800 gun. I don’t think that’s too bad of a price for a stainless bobtail.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,410 Posts
Nice gun. GI makes stuff. Just not sure if it is 2650$ nice as I would be the at least third owner. Especially if it needs to be sent to GI to check on the trigger. It shouldn’t be 6#
Really? Then you don't know what your looking at.
$2650 is more than fair in my book.

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,785 Posts
Nice gun. GI makes stuff. Just not sure if it is 2650$ nice as I would be the at least third owner. Especially if it needs to be sent to GI to check on the trigger. It shouldn’t be 6#
Is this the definition of thread crapping? Poor form and in bad taste, nonetheless.

Reactions: Dwe and DWdude

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to apologize, I thought I was in a private conversation with the person as I had started one.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have to apologize, I thought I was in a private conversation with the person as I had started one.
No need to apologize! If I had the money I would totally buy it at this price. I wouldn’t care if I was the 3rd or 5th or 10th owner. It doesn’t look abused and I’m sure its not. Good people on this forum. It’s a fantastic looking gun and the first GI that I’ve seen that made me want one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
6lb. trigger is very reasonable for a carry gun. As long as it breaks clean, (which I am sure it does) then all is in order. It's only spring rate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts