1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on refinishing versus showing some use. I only wish i had my first issued M16, it had that look. As to 1911's, for a carry piece do you let it show it has been there and done that or do you need it to look perfect always? Pic's are needed;)

·
Get off my lawn...
17,424 Posts
I sincerely love good honest wear! It’s certainly my preferred look. However when commissioning a custom build, refinishing is generally performed. Certainly not required, but usually performed at time of build completion. Then there’s nothing left, but to wear the old gal out...

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
There is a pretty wide continuum to "honest wear" . . . . .

Gun Firearm Trigger Line Gun accessory

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black

But then, a little polishing with Miracle Zoid's Polishing Rags can improve just about every gun . . . .

Before

Trigger Iron Metal Revolver Gun accessory

After

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

Text Poster Advertising Illustration Graphic design

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I had a Wilson Combat 1911 that went back to the factory years ago for a slide stop issue under warranty. Being Wilson Combat, they went above and beyond and refinished the well worn Armor Tuff gun while it was there, free of charge. It sounds great but they unknowingly erased all the wear and history that I gave that gun. It was like starting over and I lost interest in that gun as a result and sold it.

If you love like-new, refinish it and plan to repeat that every so often. If you enjoy some history with your gun, never refinish it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.