1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a custom shop M45 A1 in 2014 ( about ). I put it in the safe and only occasionally shot a box of hardball thru it. Saving it for I don't know what. I had a reverse shoulder replacement and decided to seek some training. I am 72 and have no children. I could give a f*** about the gun when I am dead, so I decided to train with it. I noticed the serial # is inked on the cerakote . what happens the serial # if I have the gun refinished?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
I bought a custom shop M45 A1 in 2014 ( about ). I put it in the safe and only occasionally shot a box of hardball thru it. Saving it for I don't know what. I had a reverse shoulder replacement and decided to seek some training. I am 72 and have no children. I could give a f*** about the gun when I am dead, so I decided to train with it. I noticed the serial # is inked on the cerakote . what happens the serial # if I have the gun refinished?

Photos would assist us in advising you Joe . . . . .

Reactions: UBOATDOC and Fred_G

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photos would assist us in advising you Joe . . . . .
Zoid, I don't know how to post pics but all m45 a1 that I have seen have the serial # stamped on top of the cerakote in what I am sure is a good ink. But if I sent the gun to say Joe C. and he bead blasted it for lets say a melonite finish, would we be in violation of Federal law for having a gun with no serial #. I am sure someone has crossed this bridge before.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the serial number is stamped into the frame. The "ink" is just put over the top to make it easier to read.

But I've been wrong before...

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the serial number is stamped into the frame. The "ink" is just put over the top to make it easier to read.

But I've been wrong before...
@joe45 , B81 has it nailed. The serial is stamped or lasered etched into the frame, as is the QR code.

Reactions: B81 and xerts1191
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.