Reid Pistolsmithing Valor pics

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by asiparks, Dec 5, 2011.

1. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    picked up my tweaked Valor this last friday, (though won't get to shoot it until later in the week), and thought I'd post a few pics, (got a new camera too, so what the heck...).

Just to reiterate, my experience with Jeremy was first rate. Lots of communication up front around what i wanted, some good input from him on practicality....Workmanship is excellent !
    French borders, top and rear of slide serrations are clean and precise, the polished crown is perfect and he did a very elegant job of rounding and blending the thumb and grip safeties. The TS in particular is vastly improved over the blocky, angular stock Valor part.
    I'm especially glad that I let him try the "extreme round butt" rather than a bobtail... (cue jokes about how good the round butt feels..)

anyway... pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Very impressive!!! Congrats on the work over blaster!

3. Lordofbarbeque

Lordofbarbeque New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Jeremy has spent time well with some top 1911 smiths. I have watched him directly and he knows what he do. Additionally, he holds his own in competition where he shoots his first year class pistol "Excalibur" so he understands how to make a good duty pistol. Congrats on a improved 1911.

4. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That is extremely beautiful

5. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    The word awesome is so overused but it fits here. Good for you.

6. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    :pop2:Keep the photos coming lol. That pistol looks great. Now keep it a secret until I can afford to send him one myself and get it back with a decent turnaround.

7. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Mech he's a tad over a year on full build and taking small jobs with quotes dependent on size of job.

8. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Looks great. :thumb: Bead blasted stainless?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  9. hogrider05

hogrider05 Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Very nice. Is that a Harrison slide stop?

10. Sleepy

Sleepy Active Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Looks like the Greider Tactical that Harrison, Chambers and a few other guys are using...cool shape to it! As far as the gun goes, it's nice and I like Jeremy's work but not so sure I care for the shape of the MSH...but then it might feel good in the hand and that is what really matters right?

11. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks pretty good! That is an interesting round butt treatment. How does it feel in the hand?

Andy

12. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    She is a beaut. I agree that round butt is very well done. What is that you are referring to as a french borders?

13. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    the line cut at the top of the slide flat

14. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    It is the Greider slide stop, I bought mine through Harrison as he seems to be the only person that ever has them in stock.
    The gun came to me nicely finished in black gunkote, (bought it from member Moccw over on Snipers Hide). Jeremy finished it with a fine media blast, it has a nice even sheen. It will go off for melonite at some point in the near future, I'm just not a big fan of silver guns.

I have the delicate, yet fleshy, hands of someone who applies lotion to cotton wool balls, and the bottom edge of the grip on most 1911's tends to dig uncomfortably at the base of my palm. The stock Valor has sharper checkering than most, so I was torn between doing a bobtail, which I have on other guns, or a round butt, which, despite many offers, I haven't experienced.
    Jeremy solution works very well for me as the grip still fills my hand and is evenly supported down the backstrap, unlike a bobtail, but the rounded butt and higher checkering avoid the area that caused discomfort.

I have a buch of ammo ready to go this next week so I'll let you know how it feels after a good session

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  15. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Beautiful!!! I am jealous :biggrin1:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted