Reloading Bullets

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by Jim Lyles, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Jim Lyles

Jim Lyles Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I use Berry’s 135gr for IDPA and USPSA competition. But thought I would start use coated bullets for practice and range. I think I have narrowed it down to Bayoo Bullets, Missouri Bullets and Black Bullets Intl.. Are there any opinions on these for 9mm. They all three seem like quality products but thought I would inquire.

Caeserslegion likes this.
  2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I personally have tried the black bullets and didn't care for them myself in weighing them there were some inconsistencies and the coating was questionable from one to another.. I still have a large bowl of them I will probably never ever use. Also didn't care for the accuracy in a gun known to be pretty accurate was getting some pretty erratic results. I won't say I wasn't doing something wrong, as I am not a master reloader by any means lol, but personally they just weren't for me. I have found RMR bullets to be reasonably priced in bulk and buy brass coated there from time to time on sale that have rivaled the cost of coated bullets I've seen.. On sale that is.

3. Jim Lyles

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks

4. shootin-blanks

shootin-blanks Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Bayou or SNS for me. They fly straight, and clean up is stupid.. (plastic brush and diesel)

5. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Of the three mentioned, I've shot thousands of Missouri Bullet Co coated cast bullets. I'm now primarily shooting SNS Casting coated bullets and go back to MBC for a shape or weight that may not be offered by SNS, which isn't too often.

gps man likes this.
  6. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    I also tried Black Bullets...didnt like them...some inconsistencies, and smoky...

Best coated i found to be extremely accurate: IBEJIHEADS, SNS casting, and Bayou. Any of those 3 are superb, buy whichever is in your budget...

7. kc1911

kc1911 Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Don't forget Acme Bullets.

I've used both Bayou and Acme for 38/357, 9mm, and 44. Both are GTG; but I slightly prefer Acme. They seem to have a more consistent coating to me. Could just be my imagination.

sellersm likes this.
  8. Jim Lyles

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks

9. Jim Lyles

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks

10. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Zero Bullets. Any time I have used plated or coated bullets I eventually got an out of spec bunch. No thanks. Been using Zeros for several years now with zero issues.

zipper046 and gps man like this.
  11. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    SNS I've shot 1,000s of them.

12. Jim Lyles

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind.

13. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    I have shot many thousands of Missouri Bullets both coated and lubed cast lead. They are good bullets.

gps man and mikegalway like this.
  14. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I’ve shot 12,000+ Bayou in 9 and about half that in 45. Have had excellent results with all my projectiles from them.

gps man likes this.
  15. Jim Lyles

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks

16. Jim Lyles

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks

17. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    Personally I thought MBCs alloy was a little soft but for that a good product and had fun with reduced loads for .40 smith.

Unless I am casting my own, my go to is Berrys plated. Plenty of weights and profiles to choose from and I have never had an issue with weight discrepancies.

https://www.berrysmfg.com/

Good Luck!

Jim Lyles likes this.
  18. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Missouri bullet , 18 Brinnell hardness

gps man likes this.
  19. 1911KY

1911KY Shooter Ready.....Stand By!

Mar 20, 2015
    www.thebluebullets.com

High quality bullets at a great price. They give discounts to forum members. Just email them for the code.

xerts1191 and techiede like this.
  20. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Yup...I use Zero brand exclusively for my .40 FMJ reloads....have 19,000 still on hand....LOL.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted