SOLD remove please....

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by handforged, Jun 3, 2020.

1. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict Sponsor

May 19, 2020
    I have fought with this decision for a while now, going back and forth with parting with this one but I think the time has come. I recently acquired another one of these so this one needs a new home.
    This is a 1961 production Colt national match Midrange in 38 special. Condition is 85 percent or better depending on the representative that assessed it. One judged it to be 90 percent according to the blue book. The only changes that have been made from original purchase are the addition of the Eliason rear sight and the upgrade from the MKI barrel to the MkIII. Both are believed to be done by colt after the MKI recall. Royal blue finish is in great shape and has been babied all these years from production. All parts are unremarkable with the only exception being the thumb safety, which does not work. Grip safety is fully functional and I believe this was done intentionally for National Match competition as i have seen other examples with the same exception. Accuracy is remarkable. Trigger breaks cleanly at about 3.5 pounds with about 1/8" of takeup.

Included with sale: 4 colt 38 special magazines, all work and feed flawlessly. 10 boxes of factory .38 special wadcutter. Various brands, all vintage and all in great shape. Milt sparks holster not included. national match.jpg national match1.jpg national match3.jpg NatMatch1911_3Y5A9973[4073].jpg NatMatch19113Y5A9980[4071].jpg

Will ship to your FFL, they must accept from individual. Will sell local in Montana. I will look at trades but I am selling this gun to fund the purchase of another 1911.

Price is 2500 for the complete package. If you feel like the price is unwarranted, feel free to make an offer. All I can do is agree or disagree. I will not sell magazines, don't ask.

2. handforged

May 19, 2020
    I am going to be completely honest and say up front, this is going to be one of those vanishing offers. If I come to my senses or am able to make a deal for the custom that I am looking for this will vanish and I will keep it. It is honestly painful seeing it with a for sale sign on it.

3. bladeandbarrel

bladeandbarrel ISO The Very Best 1911's Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2019
  4. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    If it shoots like my SW52-2 keep it!

Snakebill and handforged like this.
  5. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
  6. 1911Sniper

1911Sniper Member

May 29, 2020
  7. handforged

May 19, 2020
    better, and I would be glad to prove it for a local buyer. It is without a DOUBT the most accurate 1911 I have ever owned. That is taking into account many full house customs and many semi-customs. It just shoots one ragged hole at 25 yards offhand. I have never had it in a rest but I expect it to shoot under an inch with ease.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  8. handforged

May 19, 2020
    I am about 5 custom knife sales away from keeping it. Ya'll buy a few knives and I will keep it...HA!

Snakebill and simonp like this.
  9. Dave Eberhart

Dave Eberhart Active Member

Mar 28, 2016
  10. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    That's how the 52 shoots when I do my part. It's hard to put it down at times, makes me look a like a better shooter than I am.

Snakebill and handforged like this.
  11. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Hot diggity shezaaam . . . . .

Wish I was a rich man . . . . .

Uncle Bob and Snakebill like this.
  12. handforged

May 19, 2020
    well guys, time is slipping away. Sold a knife today and have another on deck. Three more and I am closing this as I can then afford to just buy the 1911 I am after.

I am after a Les Baer custom. Preferrably a TRS but I will consider others. 45 or 10mm only. I looked at a few here that I was interested in but none want to trade... OH well.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Snakebill likes this.
  13. BigSkyGuy

Dec 25, 2018
    Count me in for one of those knives Sir!:thumbs:

handforged likes this.
  14. handforged

May 19, 2020
    you're already on the list

15. BigSkyGuy

Dec 25, 2018
    :thumbs:Just makin' sure!:smurggrin:

16. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Keep it, you will regret letting it go.

17. handforged

May 19, 2020
    I'm going to give this until the end of the day, then I'll pull it and either keep it or send it to the wolves at GB. So if you have something to offer, now is the time.

18. k38

k38 Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    I have one of these; really fun to shoot. GLWS

19. handforged

May 19, 2020
    *****PENDING*****

Mainspring likes this.
  20. BigSkyGuy

Dec 25, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted