1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fought with this decision for a while now, going back and forth with parting with this one but I think the time has come. I recently acquired another one of these so this one needs a new home.
This is a 1961 production Colt national match Midrange in 38 special. Condition is 85 percent or better depending on the representative that assessed it. One judged it to be 90 percent according to the blue book. The only changes that have been made from original purchase are the addition of the Eliason rear sight and the upgrade from the MKI barrel to the MkIII. Both are believed to be done by colt after the MKI recall. Royal blue finish is in great shape and has been babied all these years from production. All parts are unremarkable with the only exception being the thumb safety, which does not work. Grip safety is fully functional and I believe this was done intentionally for National Match competition as i have seen other examples with the same exception. Accuracy is remarkable. Trigger breaks cleanly at about 3.5 pounds with about 1/8" of takeup.

Included with sale: 4 colt 38 special magazines, all work and feed flawlessly. 10 boxes of factory .38 special wadcutter. Various brands, all vintage and all in great shape. Milt sparks holster not included.
national match.jpg
national match1.jpg
national match3.jpg
NatMatch1911_3Y5A9973[4073].jpg
NatMatch19113Y5A9980[4071].jpg

Will ship to your FFL, they must accept from individual. Will sell local in Montana. I will look at trades but I am selling this gun to fund the purchase of another 1911.

Price is 2500 for the complete package. If you feel like the price is unwarranted, feel free to make an offer. All I can do is agree or disagree. I will not sell magazines, don't ask.

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am going to be completely honest and say up front, this is going to be one of those vanishing offers. If I come to my senses or am able to make a deal for the custom that I am looking for this will vanish and I will keep it. It is honestly painful seeing it with a for sale sign on it.

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If it shoots like my SW52-2 keep it!
better, and I would be glad to prove it for a local buyer. It is without a DOUBT the most accurate 1911 I have ever owned. That is taking into account many full house customs and many semi-customs. It just shoots one ragged hole at 25 yards offhand. I have never had it in a rest but I expect it to shoot under an inch with ease.

Attachments

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am about 5 custom knife sales away from keeping it. Ya'll buy a few knives and I will keep it...HA!

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Hot diggity shezaaam . . . . .

Wish I was a rich man . . . . .

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
well guys, time is slipping away. Sold a knife today and have another on deck. Three more and I am closing this as I can then afford to just buy the 1911 I am after.

I am after a Les Baer custom. Preferrably a TRS but I will consider others. 45 or 10mm only. I looked at a few here that I was interested in but none want to trade... OH well.

Reactions: Snakebill

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you're already on the list

·
Premium Member
6,419 Posts
I am going to be completely honest and say up front, this is going to be one of those vanishing offers. If I come to my senses or am able to make a deal for the custom that I am looking for this will vanish and I will keep it. It is honestly painful seeing it with a for sale sign on it.
Keep it, you will regret letting it go.

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm going to give this until the end of the day, then I'll pull it and either keep it or send it to the wolves at GB. So if you have something to offer, now is the time.

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*****PENDING*****

Reactions: Mainspring
1 - 20 of 22 Posts