1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT 12/5/20 - I was reminded tonight that I can sell-back PTO at work to cover vet bill, so I've decided to take the V-Bob off the market for now. Appreciate everyone's interest and thread bumps.

‐----------------------------‐-----------------------------------

Bought this in July 2019 after DW stated they were discontinuing the Valor lineup. IT IS NOT A BLEM! It has sat unmolested in the case ever since, have not even dry-fired it. Have the original receipt from LGS, plus all case-candy. Price reduced to $1400 FIRM. If I cant get that, no worries...I will just keep it in the safe for a rainy day. But since I'm not using it, and have no plans to, I figure I'd see if someone out there might want it.

I will ship to your FFL anywhere within CONUS for $20. Anyone in the DFW-area is welcome to come inspect the gun in-person. I'd also be interested in trades for you local folks.

P.S. If I don't respond right away to your PM, please be patient. I work nights and sleep during the day (so your noon is my midnight, and I'm probably crashed-out). Thanks

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,134 Posts
Man I bet this isn’t gonna last to long. DW makes a dang fine pistol! GLWS

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,762 Posts
Wish this was SS.. Had my eyes on one of these awhile back in Stainless and just didn't jump on it quick enough. This is a great offering though for sure. GLWS>.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the exact gun with a 16xx serial number and the finish on those guns is fantastic. Just a quick wipe down after shooting and it's clean. I have over 2500 rounds through mine and still looks new.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Great price for a great gun. Real value for the dollar on DWs
Buyers better move.
GLWS

Reactions: Big Balls McGee

·
Registered
56 Posts
VALOR's are incredible guns.

Trigger pull on my 3 DW's is soo light that I sometimes "mistakenly" double tap.

GLWS

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I should get this but if I do it's going to be a Black and Blue Friday. GLWS
Ha, yeah. One of the benefits of being single...I answer to no one for personal purchases. Downside... Im relegated to Tinder hookups.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Flight Medic,
I'd like it but would like to talk first. Would like to know more about the DW Valor.
PM to follow.
Jim
Ada, MI

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Valor has always been the top of the line DW before 2020. I'd recommend looking for a new old stock or private sale. The first two serial number digits are the year of manufacture (since CZ quit numbering them).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What is the year of manufacture?
3/13/2018 is the date on the lower left corner of the MFG label

One-time-only price reduction. Taking a bath on something I didn't even get to shoot, but my pup's Vet bill put me in a hole. I can accept CC through PayPal and Venmo.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Thank you, gentlemen. Not sure if this is the best month to try and sell, but maybe someone out there will want a Christmas present for themselves...so I've priced it for Black Friday. ;)
Very Nice, timing sucks! This makes three pistols I would have loved, except wrong time of year. GLWS

·
Registered
78 Posts
Flight Medic,

I do want the gun. But would like to talk, I find that real conversation has calming qualities.

I did send a PM a few days ago with my cell number.

Thanks,

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts