1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now admittedly I am 100% a barrel bushing gi guide rod kind of guy.

I currently own one gun with a FLGR. The monolithic in question from guncrafter.

Its a 50gi and I love shooting it.

However, I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the FLGR.

I have owned some in the past but there is no way a paperclip is pulling back through the space between the FLGR and the bushing or whatever that is below the bull barrel.

Pic below. What trick am I missing?
20200909_112530.jpg

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
pull the slide back to lock - there has to be a hole in there somewhere. The paperclip would probably be orientated length-wise and slide between the FLGR and the barrel in that gap?

·
The Tinker
4,189 Posts
Lock the slide back and look for a hole in the guide rod.

Ninja'd by random... :)

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have found the hole. The problem is there isn't any clearance between the guide rod which is the small circle and the tightly fitted circle around it for a paperclio.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
It’s not supposed to go through; it wedges against it. When the guide rod is out then you can remove the paper clip if desired.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pull the slide lock; remove the slide; push the guide rod out front with your thumb far enough to get a paperclip into the hole using your other hand; pull the rod and captured spring out towards the rear.

·
Premium Member
26,860 Posts
Bend the paper clip 90 degrees so its just long enough for the bent end to go through the guide rod and the remainder of the paper clip to run toward the front of the gun. Kinda like this:

20200909_114801[1].jpg

·
born in the wrong century
5,451 Posts
Appreciate the kind words but in this instance I will stick with my original diagnosis :)

I understand this well.

I’ve got a dozen 1911 that disassemble in four different methods.

it’s enough to drive me nuts sometimes.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Reactions: rmac and wrmiller
1 - 13 of 13 Posts