Report on First Build

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by paid4c4, Jan 9, 2012.

1. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    As I reported earlier I am doing my first 1911 build using a Wilson Combat slide/frame set and Wilson Bullet Proof Parts. The hold up has been sending the slide back to Wilson for rear sight cut and sight installation. Took three months for Wilson to complete and return the slide. Their work is good and they even took time to media blast the slide to cleanup the metal. The bottom end is ready and now that I have the slide I'm ready to test fire it and see how it shoots. it then goes for a little engraving and then to an Addicts supporter to be Cerekoted and to have a flush cut/reverse crown. I'll post the before pictures before I ship it for coating. The engraving on the rights side is going to be ~1911-2011~ and on the left side either
    ~An American Heritage~ or ~A Century of Service~. I'm going to have it coated in black and it gets Ivory grips. Any comment or suggestions are appreciated. I believe TOF refers to these types of builds as "tackle box guns." I've certainly enjoyed the project so far and have had to learn a lot about 1911's and how they function.
    Bill

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Sounds like a cool project.

3. carljc72

carljc72 1911's & Gunleather Supporting Addict

Sep 27, 2011
    Lookin forward to seein those pics

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted