Republican Nomination Preferences?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PistolPrincess, Jan 8, 2012.

1. PistolPrincess

PistolPrincess Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Just curious to know if anyone has a thought on a particular candidate who can get Obama out of office?

2. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Anyone but obongo..

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm a Perry man myself as he is more like "us" than any body left. But I will vote for anybody other than Odummbo. Mitt is the most electable IMO and I don't think the tea party will let him get to liberal if he even thinks about re-election.

4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I'd prefer to vote for Ted Flippin Nugent!

However, he does not care to deal with the BS of politics!
    Mitt,......is out best bet!

5. Melter942

Melter942 Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Hmmmm, lots of thoughts but still worried about the upcoming election. My greatest fear is an uninformed electorate.

Romney... was a democrat, tried socialized medicine, says he's a republican now... Wall Street baggage, but may be attractive to independent voters.

Santorum... broad experience as a career politician. Does anyone trust career politicians?

Gingrich... amazing insight to the issues and impressive solutions. I've been all over newt.org, read his views and watched all the videos. I personally like his ideas the best, but is he electable?

Paul... wants the US to live in isolation. Domestic policies aren't too zany, but no clue on foreign policy. I think he's an embarrassment to the party when he speaks of foreign affairs.

Perry... not ready for prime time.

Huntsman... solid foreign policy experience but no sound ideas on the domestic economy.

So far, I favor Newt but he's got a history of pressing the self-destruct button.

6. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Paul is the only one I'll vote for.

Considering this is a guncentric forum, it should be pointed out that Romney and Gingrich are not gun friendly, with Romney supporting MA gun laws and Newt supporting Gun free school zones and the Lautenburg gun ban.

7. Heretical45

Heretical45 Lurker 4 life

Nov 3, 2011
    I vote ron paul for now.

8. Young Guns

Young Guns FNH NUT

Dec 8, 2011
  9. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    Ron Paul for now No O'Dumbo for Sure !

10. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    You guys think Ron Paul has a chance?

11. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    I would Hope soooo . LOL

12. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Ron paul is a complete moron. Unfortunatly we have to be part of the world. We get a mineral from south afica where 90% is that is required to build our jets. There are many more. let Iran have nukes? hello WWIII as soon as they fire on Isreal. The man needs to go away.

13. Samcro

Nov 19, 2011
    Perry is the Next Choice . I do agree with you Lk we are limited in out choice .

Sam

14. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Paul has never said he doesn't want to be part of the world. Paul wants free trade with all nations (which would include minerals from South Africa) and entangling alliances with none. Trade with everyone, avoid war if at all possible. If you go to war, go to war in your interests, not the interests of other nations.
    Paul has said many times that he doesn't want Iran, or any country, to have nukes. But he's not willing to start a war to stop it. He also points out that starting wars is not up to the President. Has said if Congress declared war he says he would go in, win, and come back home rather than staying around indefinitely. Paul's foreign policy ideas are in line with the ideas of the founders and the Constitution, and also quite similar to the policies Bush II advocate before he became President.
    Also, lets not forget that in 1981 when Israel bombed Iraq to keep them from getting nukes, Paul was the only American politician defending them while the UN and Reagan condemned Israel for protecting herself. I have no doubt that Israel can keep Iran in check without our interference.

15. Young Guns

Young Guns FNH NUT

Dec 8, 2011
    + 1

16. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm disgusted with all of them.

I feel Paul is the only one who truly speaks what he believes.

17. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    IMO the best one has left the race and that would be Bachman. The other Republican that I wanted was Palin, but she never entered. If Mitt wins I will look for an independent to vote for. Mitt is just a RINO.

18. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    As the president has so little real power without the co-operation of Congress, getting rid of the demon-crap majority in the Senate is more important to me.

19. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
  20. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    NOTA

large_brewster.JPG

and while were at it, how about an honest campaign ad:

Brewster's.jpg

FWIW Bachmann was my pick.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted