1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

· Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So over the last few years I've had to deal with some health issues. These challenges have changed my mindset on how my collection needs to be moving forward (strictly more practical and less of a hobby/collection). In the past, I have always had 5-6 revolvers in the fold at once but I am currently down to just one. It got me thinking; If I stick with just one, is this even the one I want!? I understand a lot goes into people's thought processes on why they would pick one over another. Mainly I believe application comes into play but other factors as well. Grandpa's issued gun, the first revolver ever owned, etc. In my case, it would need to be a .357 as that's what would be most practical for my situation. I currently own a 386 but I don't carry it. So I am thinking about moving on from it and taking in a 3-4" (possibly longer) barreled .357. probably more old-school. Anyway, post what revolver would be the last to leave YOUR collection and what your thought process would be as to why it would be the last one standing. Thanks!

· Chambers Custom Owners Club
3,883 Posts
I think The Laubert MR73 I own is probably my favorite that I’ve owned or shot… That said, the older Korth guns are also really nice.

Early Pythons, the no dash Smiths from the 50’s…. Those are nice too!

Revolver Wood Trigger Glove Grass

· Registered
486 Posts
Just 1?

If I’m looking for a piece to add to a collection it’s an uncommon barrel length, high condition S&W Registered Magnum preferably with the box, docs, SAT, etc.

If I’m looking for something to use I think the 3in S&W Model 66 is hard to beat… might even have an auxiliary cylinder fitted for 9mm

That being said I own neither.

· Registered
3,134 Posts
That is a tough one! My 3in Python will be here on Tuesday but that is just a production gun albeit just started making them. It would be one of my Gemini Customs but which one. Think it would be one of the 454's because they will shoot 45 Colt as well.

· Registered
819 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health issues. I had a bunch of different revolvers in 357 and 10MM, and many different barrel lengths. I paired down my firearms collection recently and the only revolvers left in the safe are 2 357 revolvers that I would never sell. Both have 6 inch barrels. A newer production dan wesson 715T that is my wife's favorite gun that I own. If I sell that, I'll probably need a new place to live.

The other is my Manurhin MR73. I don't know what kind of ordinance steel they use to make these MR73s but it is creepy how light these revolvers are compared to a similar size Dan Wesson 715, ruger gp100, or S&Ws of a similar size. It shoots so well and is supposed to be able to withstand full power 357 magnum rounds all day long.....every day.

· Registered
3 Posts
If I may expand on the title, I own two, yet, to a large degree they're one and the same gun with some allowences for varying calibers.

A 629 and my latest, a new 686 Plus - Yes, I know both have the unholy Hilary hole..........doesn't bother me in the slightest. Both are very accurate, reliable, delightful to shoot - can't think of a single good reason to lust after anything else.

JZG
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Wood

1 - 20 of 188 Posts