1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how they do it but this company produces some great guns at a very modest price .
For $650 new the quality of this gun shocks me . Have been waiting to find one for almost a year after getting a double stack in the commander size at a gun show .
I enjoy shooting steel almost as much as collecting Colts and this is the best most economical tool I have found for the job so far .
It holds 18+1 and weighs in 3lbs 3oz empty which makes it easy to stay on target
It has FULLY adjustable sights with a fiber optic front that make acquiring the sight picture a breeze for us old guys with bad eyes .

This gun comes ready to run from the factory with a trigger pull just over 4lbs and NO CREEP on my specimen I could have really left it alone . This of course may vary from gun to gun but all the RIAs I have worked on have had very good factory triggers . This one was exceptional .

Gun locks up tight tolerances are tight for a factory gun and it shoots lights out with factory loads and my hand load of 4.2 of W231 with an Extreme 124 gr plated head .
MSH is checkered has aggressive cocking serrations and the grips stay tight along with the slide stop going in like a dream and the thumb safety working exactly like it should .

I am 800rds in and still looking for something to complain about . The fact it has so little recoil and stays right on target just spoils you .

·
TANSTAAFL
1,724 Posts
I like RIAs and consider them good, basic pistols. I wasn’t aware of these double stack 9s. Do they use a proprietary mag, MBX or what?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have the Commander Sized multi-caliber one.

6BDB7E80-2FEF-4035-982C-894575510A47.jpeg
531F22F1-62A7-4D06-907E-8BEFBED255AA.jpeg
DE2204F9-74DA-4615-A684-D42A214E5BEC.jpeg

I just wish it didn’t have a damn rail!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I havent seen anything about a 9mm HC/DS commander size, what model is that?

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Reactions: awp101
1 - 12 of 12 Posts