1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently can I to possession of a Lee Enfield “Jungle Carbine”. I know they were never officially referred to by this name.

From what I can tell, this is the real deal. Has all the correct cuts to reduce weight, and the correct “painted” on finish. Pics

Tha mag matches as well. I’m interested in selling this, and I need to figure out a price. Let me know what you all think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate it the info. The wife’s uncle bought it at Wright’s in the 60’s. Pretty sure he never fired it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It appears to be a legitimate "Jungle Carbine" which in todays' market should bring $6-800.00. They "enjoy" the reputation of poor accuracy caused by a wandering zero problem but do have adequate combat accuracy. Even so they are a neat and handy full power rifle and a lot of fun to shoot. They do have a bayonet specific to that rifle which is rare and expensive and worth some $3-350.00

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,777 Posts
It appears to be a legitimate "Jungle Carbine" which in todays' market should bring $6-800.00. They "enjoy" the reputation of poor accuracy caused by a wandering zero problem but do have adequate combat accuracy. Even so they are a neat and handy full power rifle and a lot of fun to shoot. They do have a bayonet specific to that rifle which is rare and expensive and worth some $3-350.00
Shhhh!! Your not helping my $163 offer;)

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took the upper hand guard off and it has the appropriate lightning cuts on the chamber. Wish I had the bayonet!! I also think I forgot to mention that it has the correct rubber rifle butt pad. It’s actually still pliable too. Thanks the info on value.

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,650 Posts
Check gunbroker. There are 15 or so for sale there now. Asking price is between $450 and $700

1 - 14 of 14 Posts