RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Not unexpected, but still sad to hear. I am not the biggest Apple guy, but he leaves behind a hell of legacy. RIP

2. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Indeed. PIXAR, Apple, to name just two.

3. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Sad to hear this. He seemed like a great guy. Wish his family the best.

4. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Holy crap. Hadn't heard that yet. Sorry to hear that. Considering he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004, and made it 7 years...that is REALLY good considering the typical life expectancy with pancreatic cancer. My mom died this year from it....only 5 months from diagnosis.

You guys know aside from Knedrgr, I may be AppleFanBoy #2 in here. RIP Jobsy. You made the world a better place.

5. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I hadnt heard yet either. That man was a genius. RIP

6. Midliferally

Midliferally Member

Aug 19, 2011
    RIP Stevie. Fanboy #3 here. Bought a race car with proceeds from apple stock. Could have gotten [email protected] as e-mail address. Signed up way early. Bubble iMac still works. Sorry, reminiscing.

7. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Reminisce all you want. I still remember using a computer for the first time in the 80's while in elementry school. What computer? Apple of course.

Now, I sit here downloading music from itunes to my ipod.

8. dnuggett

dnuggett Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    I have more Apple stuff than I care to count:

2 iPhone 4
    iPad 2
    MacBook
    30GB iPod
    80GB iPod Classic
    4GB iPod Mini
    8GB Nano
    Mac Classic, original keyboard and mouse still runs Oregon Trail just fine.
    2 Airport Extremes
    Apple TV

Had a bunch of other stuff over the years including various iPods, a dual G4 desktop, a 19" G5 iMac, a G3 Cube, a G3 PowerBook, a G4 iBook, and a G4 iMac.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. I've never considered myself a fanboy, but looking at that list, yeah maybe I am. Where does this put me on the fanboy ranking?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    It's a sad day indeed. Yes, I'm a HUGE Apple fan...have a tattoo of an Apple USB cord on my forearm.

Steve's a genius! He and his team has changed the way we live and how we interact with technology. Last month, Apple's stock soar so high that its assets out value Exxon Mobile, the richest company in the world, for one day.

10. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Prayers for his family...thats a hard thing to have to go through, cancer stinks!

11. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    wonder if they tried taking him to the Genius Bar?

12. dnuggett

Aug 17, 2011
    They would have but the water indicator showed pink.

13. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Maybe the cancer thing hits a little close to home for me....but that sh1t isn't funny.

Maybe you haven't seen what pancreatic cancer can do first hand. I have. Jobs lived for 7 years after his diagnosis. My mom made it 5 months. If you don't like Apple or respect Jobs, make stupidass insensitive jokes elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  14. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    not making fun of the cause of death, but of the people that seem to be grieving like they were his personal friends.

if you don't know, my mom had a brain tumor, had it removed (along with 1/4 of her skull), went through chemo, had a stroke (or 2), isn't very mobile, can't speak, and pisses in a diaper, and our family still have a good sense of humor about it.

15. dnuggett

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm very sorry that the illness hit you and your family the way it did. Obviously it was very painful, and that makes a ton of sense. Many of us can go on about what has hit home, I choose not to. That said, I'm not making fun of the illness or the seriousness of it. I'm making a joke about the warranty process in a thread about Jobs. A zinger if you will. If you think there was a little too much levity there than so be it, but understand there was never any disrespect directed at or towards you.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  16. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    He changed the world forever. R.I.P.

17. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Wow,........money can't buy you good health.

Always sad to hear of the passing of an Icon. Steve was an amazingly talented
    man with Vision before his time. He will be missed, by all those who respected his talent.

18. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    It's a shame. I hope the company can continue the trend of great product themes like they have been. Typing this on an Apple. :thumb:

Andy

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted