1911 Firearm Addicts banner

RMR Hump

Tags
nighthawk
373 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crypticresponse 
#1 ·
The NH President I have came with the IOS plate for a Trijicon or Holosun. George already had the President ordered and spec’d out. Something about putting a RMR on a 1911 bugs me. Maybe I’m old school (only 39). Several have told me it REALLY kicks up the consistent accuracy, quicker time getting on target, etc. It’s my EDC gun BTW.

Been thinking about getting the Holosun 507C. Bob with NHC said it would be sweet on this 1911. I hate buying China made products. Holosun has great reviews, that’s not the issue. Coming from China is the issue. Trijicon.. Pricey. Surely Trijicon isn’t $209-$300 better than a Holosun? I don’t mind paying extra for USA products. I think I read the battery life on Holosun is superior to Trijicon. If true, that’s a BIG plus for me to lean towards Holosun.

Any of you fellow addicts been on the fence like I am then went ahead with it? Worst case, I don’t care for it, take it off.

I’ll shut up now. 😅

#2 ·
I am not an expert by any means but I have both in my hands right now and think that the Holosun 507 is objectively better than the RMR due to the circle dot, battery life and battery replacement. My feeling is that, while I would happily pay more for Made in USA, the Holosun is so much better for less money that it’s unreasonable. I would happily pay $600 for a USA, Japan or NATO option like the Holosun. For the time being, I will probably keep both. I think the best non-made in China option is the Aimpoint ACRO P2. I will get one when they settle in and are proven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.