RMR or SRO

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by HooDoo Man, Apr 11, 2020.

1. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    My vision isn't dire, I wear reading glass, distance vision is ok, so far, but I do have astigmatism- I don't know the technicalities but I percieve quite a difference in clarity between red dots- Some appear very fuzzy, some much sharper - It may be because of the glass, reflector or refresh rate of the LED. That said, even the worst makes it easier and quicker to get on target than using any of my irons, be they plain or tritium Big Dots. I would say look through a few and see which work best with your particular eyes.

switchback likes this.
  2. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    This is my Zev with a RMR -

[​IMG]

This is the last session of zeroing at 15 yards -

[​IMG]

I was not convinced that a green dot would make that much of a difference, so I did not spring for a SRO. I am now convinced.

I use a RMR with a green triangle because the astigmatism causes red to flare. Green is much better for my eyes.

1911_Bandit and switchback like this.

3. nikerret

nikerret Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Why not the Shield? It checks a lot of my boxes.

4. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    They are not particularly robust and there track record for reliability is not good. As Doug from ATEI said, friends dont let friends run Shields

5. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    Thanks. Well, crap. Robust and reliable were high on my list. That just leaves the Sig Romeo Zero. I guess I’ll just have to get a big one.

6. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Nikerret, I'm not sure what the MOS footprint looks like, but if they have a plate for the 407k/507k from holosun those optics are good to hook and they're smaller like the shield.

nikerret likes this.
  7. nikerret

Mar 2, 2019
    The MOS comes with four plates to fit various optics. Of course, the smaller optics will require a plate I don’t have. The 507K was on my radar, but they seem hard to find. eBay looks to be the best place to find one (which can be sketchy), but the plate I need will be around $100. I really wasn’t looking to spend over $400, but there isn’t a lot in the options.

8. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Hmm. Yeah I did a little looking just now and it looks like trijicon is suing holosun and that may be part of why their availability is so limited.

There's this product, but I've never heard of them so use at your own risk: https://www.rainierarms.com/riton-optics-x3-tactix-mprd-micro-red-dot/

Looks like its an aluminum housing and actual glass, but there ain't much info out there on it.

9. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    The law suit was on the location of the + & - buttons. Holosun moved them and now it is the 507 X2 instead of V2. Same thing really, just BS.

10. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Ahhh well so I mean they probably had to retool or whatever factories have to do when they change a product so I guess that explains the shortage. Side note, Idk I’m not the smartest guy but that seems like a ridiculous lawsuit

11. HooDoo Man

Dec 26, 2017
    Yes. The X2's or out. Got one last week.

Columbia likes this.
  12. Columbia

Columbia Active Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Where did you get it from? I’m looking for one for my shield

13. HooDoo Man

Dec 26, 2017
    Try Midway USA. The X2 version. $309.

Columbia likes this.
  14. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    ...starting to sound as though you might like them....:)

I see the buttons are back where they were on the V1, but with the battery tray of V2.

15. HooDoo Man

Dec 26, 2017
    I don't find them as fast as irons but more accurate and easy to acquire a good sight picture w/ both eyes open. Especially 15 yrs and farther. I've got 3 now.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted