1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mods if in wrong forum please move.

Thought this might be of interest. After 35 years Robar closed its doors officially 9-1-19. Unable to find a buyer or investor money the doors are officially closed.
Prior to all the shake and bake finishes, Robar offered a lot of finish choices to the gun owner. They will be missed. (no slam on sprayed finishes implied)

·
Double Secret Banned
2,162 Posts
7C32F57F-3209-4C22-9B2E-AA0A9C303DF3.jpeg
I have a series 70 repro in pieces that I wanted to send to Robar (at least everything frame and frame related for NP3). I blame the Milt Sparks website for this.

Since my progress on this project has been glacial, (cut the frame tangs for a .250 beavertail and forgot about it) it’s my own fault.

·
NRA Endowment member
3,160 Posts
Hate to hear this. Robar provided a very good service and product to many in this industry.
They will be sadly missed.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apologies extended. I didn't realize this was discussed here @Addicts a few days ago. I've stayed away due to some BS by a new , ahem, member. Not wanting to stir the pot. Ultimately, I couldn't help myself.
Sorry for the redundancy. Still, it's a shame

·
Premium Member
27,279 Posts
It’s all good switchback.

This place is quite a bit less stuffy about repeat threads then a few other places. It is a shame that Robar has closed its doors. A great product That had a amazing lifetime warranty, I guess that is no longer a feature.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,776 Posts
Apologies extended. I didn't realize this was discussed here @Addicts a few days ago. I've stayed away due to some BS by a new , ahem, member. Not wanting to stir the pot. Ultimately, I couldn't help myself.
Sorry for the redundancy. Still, it's a shame
Sucks anytime a good product is lost to the market! I’ve always wanted to try NP3 I guess the only way to do that now is find a used one.

And @switchback don’t worry about 2x threads, or a new “member” if they’re being an a$$hat they will be called out and promptly displaced or reprimanded by the membership. A$$hats are not a reason to stay away from our beloved Addicts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts