1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in discussions on a trade for a pistol with this finish. Anyone have any experience? It sounds like it’s good on the corrosion side and fairly durable but would like to hear from someone who has owned one. Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm interested in this too. I don't have any firsthand experience with the Poly-T2, but my experience having them apply NP3 to my 1911 was great. 6+ years later and it looks good as new.

Something to keep in mind, Robar told me that Roguard is a deeper/darker black than the black Poly-T2. When customers care about how black the black finish is, they steer them to Roguard instead of Poly-T2 for that reason.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested in this too. I don't have any firsthand experience with the Poly-T2, but my experience having them apply NP3 to my 1911 was great. 6+ years later and it looks good as new.

Something to keep in mind, Robar told me that Roguard is a deeper/darker black than the black Poly-T2. When customers care about how black the black finish is, they steer them to Roguard instead of Poly-T2 for that reason.
If I end up recoating I might try the Roguard, I’m not in love with the color. That’s if I get it, not a done deal yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts