Rock island or Kimber 1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Billybob64, Nov 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Billybob64

Billybob64 New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    IMG_0983.JPG Ive got several 1911's Most Colt's couple spring fields a Kimber and a Rock island. I had never thought about purchasing a Rock island with a 4.25 barrel I found NITB for $400.00 and couldn't pass it up.
    Be fore even shooting it I did some trigger work on it. Trigger stock was 7LB after doing a little work its now 4LB.
    I took it and my Kimber Desert Warrior 5 inch barrel 5 LB pull to the shooting range to see if I felt a difference in the 2. Surprisingly after 100 rounds out of each of them there were no jam ups, I liked the feel of the Rock island better. Not only was the trigger pull easier but I felt less recoil coming from the Rock island. I was really surprised usually the shorter barrel has more recoil.

Is it really worth purchasing a gun for the brand?

2. Mini Me

Mini Me Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Nope, buy it because you like it and it shoots good not because it’s “Brand X”

gumby, ImperialBlade and Billybob64 like this.

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Surprises me the Trigger in the Rock Island was that bad initially. I have several over the years and nearly all had a fairly decent trigger in them. But, to answer your other question about brand. It does make a difference when you jump from the tier of a Colt, Kimber, and Rock Island to say a Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk etc.. And where you find the biggest difference is in the quality of the parts used, the finish quality as well as accuracy etc.. I honestly thought the same way at one point then I bought a Dan Wesson Guardian, and I haven't looked back...

Billybob64 and ImperialBlade like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted