1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Yellow Firearm Trigger White
Ive got several 1911's Most Colt's couple spring fields a Kimber and a Rock island. I had never thought about purchasing a Rock island with a 4.25 barrel I found NITB for $400.00 and couldn't pass it up.
Be fore even shooting it I did some trigger work on it. Trigger stock was 7LB after doing a little work its now 4LB.
I took it and my Kimber Desert Warrior 5 inch barrel 5 LB pull to the shooting range to see if I felt a difference in the 2. Surprisingly after 100 rounds out of each of them there were no jam ups, I liked the feel of the Rock island better. Not only was the trigger pull easier but I felt less recoil coming from the Rock island. I was really surprised usually the shorter barrel has more recoil.

Is it really worth purchasing a gun for the brand?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,566 Posts
Surprises me the Trigger in the Rock Island was that bad initially. I have several over the years and nearly all had a fairly decent trigger in them. But, to answer your other question about brand. It does make a difference when you jump from the tier of a Colt, Kimber, and Rock Island to say a Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk etc.. And where you find the biggest difference is in the quality of the parts used, the finish quality as well as accuracy etc.. I honestly thought the same way at one point then I bought a Dan Wesson Guardian, and I haven't looked back...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts