1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Posted on calguns too. The fact it hasn’t sold in the weeks it’s been posted is just the fact that the base was a ruger unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: FWoo45, Dub and AJP

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Yes doubt it will ever sell at that price... Lesson to be learned here... Be smart when picking a base gun to start from. Sure when this poor guy started he thought he would never sell it either. Now reality is setting in.

That being said I am a buyer at $2500.00.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Legitimately worth more than $2500, even if it is a Ruger base. I’d say 5k, but I’m not a buyer either way. Shame
Chuck can make a silk purse from a sows ear, just saying

There is zero question that Chuck's work is top notch and that even if he built on a RIA or Norinco the gun wouldnt leave his shop without being as perfect as it could be that being said........

You can only apply so much lipstick to a pig and no matter the lipstick, its still a pig. There are very good reasons why one uses a Colt as a base gun with a top tier smith, value. This same gun if it was a Colt would probably be a $10K gun and sell in a day, if it were a SA it would have sold in a day at this price. If this build was on a Kimber it would sit probably just as long as this Ruger will though I personally would prefer a Kimber base gun.

My personal 0.02 on this gun, it will sell at or below $5,000 and its all due to it being a Ruger, Rogers' guns are damn hard to come by, multiply that difficulty by 2 or 3 if you are in Kalifornia thanks to our roster, if he cant sell it here he is in trouble.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes doubt it will ever sell at that price... Lesson to be learned here... Be smart when picking a base gun to start from. Sure when this poor guy started he thought he would never sell it either. Now reality is setting in.
Exactly, Colt's exist for this reason. If for some reason you can't use a Colt, start with a blank frame and slide or maybe a Springfield. If you can't use those, keep saving.

Sure it sounds pretentious but that really is the hierarchy of custom build bases and if you have to sell you will find that out on the back end. It reminds me of my favorite quote from the documentary Sour Grapes

"Buy 96 vintage champagne, all day. If you can't afford that buy 02. If you can't afford that, drink F***ing beer."

I have no doubt this gun is excellent, to the standard expected from a full house Rogers build, but it is worth more and sells faster if it had a pony on it.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Also re-reading his for sale post and the build sheet, I don't think he should be posting it as a "full house" personal opinion only - the build sheet doesnt reference a Kart barrel, if it has the Ruger barrel in it still its not truly a full house and it drops in value further........

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Exactly, Colt's exist for this reason. If for some reason you can't use a Colt, start with a blank frame and slide or maybe a Springfield. If you can't use those, keep saving.

Sure it sounds pretentious but that really is the hierarchy of custom build bases and if you have to sell you will find that out on the back end. It reminds me of my favorite quote from the documentary Sour Grapes

"Buy 96 vintage champagne, all day. If you can't afford that buy 02. If you can't afford that, drink F***ing beer."

I have no doubt this gun is excellent, to the standard expected from a full house Rogers build, but it is worth more and sells faster if it had a pony on it.
Its a shame too, the build sheet is dated 2013 so who knows how many years earlier the owner got on Chuck's books but in 2013 and earlier here in CA and especially in So Cal where I believe this person is located from his other thread, Colt's were available and even on roster still, you could get one sub $1,000 without breaking a sweat or waiting and looking for more than a month........, what is the saying penny wise and pound foolish?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I would be a buyer around half his ask and then send it in for DLC
I’d be a buyer then, kart barrel fitted them DLC or Chuck’s ceracoat

I had to laugh, on his other posting he states it was his carry gun for several years & round count = 300……

·
Registered
903 Posts
Based on his user name, I think he’s recently posted on here with pictures of a Rogers/Rodgers gun.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Yeah, same guy it seems....but he cant post here in the classifieds due to only having 3 posts.
Probably have better luck posting the Roger/Rodgers gun for sale...... thinking if it is indeed the same guy he probably didnt respond on that thread to my question to how much use the gun has seen as he likes to have expensive and well built safe queens 🤮

To each their own

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Good/Fast/Cheap
3,479 Posts
Probably have better luck posting the Roger/Rodgers gun for sale...... thinking if it is indeed the same guy he probably didnt respond on that thread to my question to how much use the gun has seen as he likes to have expensive and well built safe queens 🤮

To each their own
The collaboration gun is on a Baer frame....people would whine about that too! At least it is a true example of a full house effort.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The collaboration gun is on a Baer frame....people would whine about that too! At least it is a true example of a full house effort.
You aren't wrong, a Baer frame would turn me off more than a Ruger/Kimber base. Hard pass on the dimensionally wrong frame.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
no offense fellas, i think you are way off base and full of crap. none of you are a buyer so you bust on the dude for building it on a ruger frame. so what, i doubt chuck would build on a inferior 1911 custom on a "ruger", it was done in 2013 and he's been booked for many many years, anyone worth there salt would not build something to just make a buck when you are on that level and have there reputation

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
no offense fellas, i think you are way off base and full of crap. none of you are a buyer so you bust on the dude for building it on a ruger frame. so what, i doubt chuck would build on a inferior 1911 custom on a "ruger", it was done in 2013 and he's been booked for many many years, anyone worth there salt would not build something to just make a buck when you are on that level and have there reputation
No one is busting on the quality of Chucks work. Just making the observation of the facts
That work on a Colt would be worth substantially more & would have sold already. That work on a ruger is less desirable to most.

You can’t find a Rogers gun for sale in California and he can’t sell it here, facts speak for themselves.

Reactions: Glock2740 and AJP

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
No one is busting on the quality of Chucks work. Just making the observation of the facts
That work on a Colt would be worth substantially more & would have sold already. That work on a ruger is less desirable to most.

You can’t find a Rogers gun for sale in California and he can’t sell it here, facts speak for themselves.

thats your opinion, i stand behind my comment that chuck wouldn't build on a sh1t platform just to building it, at the end of the day i bet money you couldn't tell the difference between the ruger and a colt

1 - 20 of 105 Posts