1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Previously RS.
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New release from Springfield. I like the classic looks of the gun. And the 849 MSRP seems like a good offering. Priced somewhere between an RO and RO Elite.

Mostly I’m miffed that they used the name Ronin. That would have been a great name for a double stack 1911.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I like the looks and agree it’s a good msrp. Couldn’t believe my eyes at first but it appears SA is utilizing decent rollmarks even though I don’t care for the nAme and operator being on one side. Speaking of operator, wasn’t that only used to designate their railed models?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
That has to be the first gun I've seen with "operator" in its name that didn't have a rail.

I agree, it looks nice. I also don't get out much. I have no idea what a "ronin" is . . . .

Z

·
Incurable..... NRA Lifer
445 Posts
Looks like it's tri-topped. Now to get rid of those FCS.......

Reactions: 1L26 and Karsten

·
14,799 Posts
Renegade samurai
I wonder what it would take to get a "Zoid Operator" 1911. I've already got the "renegade" attribute mastered . . . . .

·
14,799 Posts

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,559 Posts
SA is so trash... lol. Gotta love the 2A community, sticking by companies who don’t give two shits about you or your rights.

It’s companies like them and supporters like I see constantly buying from them that scare the hell out of me. It’s also why politicians know they will eventually win with death by a thousand cuts.

Im sure there are plenty of members sick of me thread crapping on anything that gets posted from SA, but I don’t care. They are trash and honestly if you support them, I have very little respect for you.

Hard pass and super lame name for this junk.

Reactions: brotherrat

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Looks like just another entry level 1911. And why can't they put FSC on something other than the TRP? That's a deal breaker for me.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Looks like just another entry level 1911. And why can't they put FSC on something other than the TRP? That's a deal breaker for me.
Jeff
Obviously price point. I am with you, I prefer it on all my guns. The nice thing about this one is that it is at least stainless on the frame so modifications would likely be easier/cheaper

·
Registered
685 Posts
Colt has learned that at this stage in 1911 production, they need to greatly expand their front strap checkering offerings; Springfield needs to learn this, too.

Save for traditional GI-style models, the market demands a grippier front strap.

New model otherwise just looks like a two-tone Loaded. I like the hook-style rear sights. Wish they'd ditch the front cocking serrations, but I wish most everyone would.

Really wish everyone would ditch the pseudo-badazz names they slap on 1911s, or at least offer a clean slide option.

Ronin literally means "one who rides the waves".

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Colt has learned that at this stage in 1911 production, they need to greatly expand their front strap checkering offerings; Springfield needs to learn this, too.

Save for traditional GI-style models, the market demands a grippier front strap.

New model otherwise just looks like a two-tone Loaded. I like the hook-style rear sights. Wish they'd ditch the front cocking serrations, but I wish most everyone would.

Really wish everyone would ditch the pseudo-badazz names they slap on 1911s, or at least offer a clean slide option.

Ronin literally means "one who rides the waves".
Agreed, I like the two tone but a naked slide option is a necessity I think, in case any manufacturers are listening LOL. Springfield is one of the worse about putting billboards on their slides, ugh.

Reactions: Dub and JM44

·
Banned
824 Posts
SA is so trash... lol. Gotta love the 2A community, sticking by companies who don’t give two shits about you or your rights.

It’s companies like them and supporters like I see constantly buying from them that scare the hell out of me. It’s also why politicians know they will eventually win with death by a thousand cuts.

Im sure there are plenty of members sick of me thread crapping on anything that gets posted from SA, but I don’t care. They are trash and honestly if you support them, I have very little respect for you.

Hard pass and super lame name for this junk.
Getting pretty old seeing this every time Springfield comes up. They apologized, they claimed they didn't know what their lobbying group was doing, and whether that's true or not, they haven't done it again. People make mistakes, as long as they learn from it and don't do it again, we shouldn't hold grudges. Just like the guns coming out of Turkey, if I see a decent product that I want, I'm not going to deprive myself of it over some feeling of self righteousness. Everyone here supports companies that are significantly more anti 2A than what SA did on a daily basis, it's unavoidable. SA paid the price, apologized, they fired the lobbying group, they gave Dicks the shaft awhile back, they're good in my book so long as they don't screw up again.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts