1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Dan Wesson Heritage 45 ACP looking for mags for carry purposes, need to be reliable. Any user feed back on the RPM mags appreciated.

·
Edge of Glory
166 Posts
Sorry, no experience with RPM's in a Dan Wesson Heritage but they have become my carry mag of choice. One on the left has been modified to carry 7.
Automotive exterior Metal

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Another oft-asked question that could have been answered by using Search.

Wilsons are the bees knees.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have a couple of RPMs. Their springs are very stout. They feed in my guns.

I am sure Kevin knows that Chip sold out to Bill. Which led to the demise of the XP 9mms I like. The Range Pro seems ok, though.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I haven't tried the RPM mags, but I have 25 of the Power mags.

Wood Hardwood Flooring Musical instrument Parallel

They work reliably in my Les Baer Custom Carry, Dan Wesson Valor, Wilson Combat X Tac, GI No Name, and Springfield 1911-A1.

The only nuisance is that sometimes the follower will pop out when the mag is dropped onto the concrete floor during a speed reload. This might not be a problem with the RPM mags, since they have a different follower.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The only nuisance is that sometimes the follower will pop out when the mag is dropped onto the concrete floor during a speed reload. This might not be a problem with the RPM mags, since they have a different follower.
I just had this happen with a brand new magazine in the middle of a concealed carry course. Far more than a “nuisance” - very frustrating when you’re crawling around the range floor looking for your follower and spring, and the rest of the class are like “yep, it’s a 1911....”.

Functionally my Power Mags have been flawless, but I’ve lost confidence in them for any SD duty.

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Composite material Plywood
Finger Wood Hardwood Technology Wood stain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I have a couple of RPMs. Their springs are very stout. They feed in my guns.

I am sure Kevin knows that Chip sold out to Bill. Which led to the demise of the XP 9mms I like. The Range Pro seems ok, though.
Yes, I did hear that, but don't know where to buy them now. I have a couple older CMC mags and they have always been 100% reliable. They are in my Duty mag lineup.

Having written that, the only way I would buy anymore is if they are significantly less expensive than Wilson. Almost all my Duty mags are Wilson and I buy them when they go on-sale.

All my 1911s and single 2011 are .45ACP.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I just had this happen with a brand new magazine in the middle of a concealed carry course. Far more than a “nuisance” - very frustrating when you’re crawling around the range floor looking for your follower and spring, and the rest of the class are like “yep, it’s a 1911....”.

Functionally my Power Mags have been flawless, but I’ve lost confidence in them for any SD duty.

View attachment 400671
I have two Nighthawk mags that came w/ my GRP. One is stainless and works well and is in my Duty lineup, but the other one is blued and does this consistently. ??!! It is in the Training Only lineup.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have two Nighthawk mags that came w/ my GRP. One is stainless and works well and is in my Duty lineup, but the other one is blued and does this consistently. ??!! It is in the Training Only lineup.
Follow on from my earlier post - I reached out to CMC regarding the issue I was having, given it was a new magazine. They responded promptly, and apparently it’s a known issue with these “unstabilized” (their words) followers which are designed for dusty / dirty environments. They offered to exchange the magazine for an RPM version, which has a stabilized follower and reinforced feed lips.

I’m going to take them up on the exchange and will test the RPM magazine. But great customer service from CMC !

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Follow on from my earlier post - I reached out to CMC regarding the issue I was having, given it was a new magazine. They responded promptly, and apparently it’s a known issue with these “unstabilized” (their words) followers which are designed for dusty / dirty environments. They offered to exchange the magazine for an RPM version, which has a stabilized follower and reinforced feed lips.

I’m going to take them up on the exchange and will test the RPM magazine. But great customer service from CMC !

Well that's a good deal. The RPM mags are usually more expensive than the regular Power Mags.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Well that's a good deal. The RPM mags are usually more expensive than the regular Power Mags.
Just received the railed mag replacement for my dodgy power mag. Definitely beefier feedlip design than the power mag. Will get it to the range in the next few days.

Shout out to CMC customer service for fast response and standing behind their products.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
2,046 Posts

CMC service has improved greatly since WC purchased them!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
CMC service has improved greatly since WC purchased them!
I've used Chip and Wilson mags forever, back into the 70's I think.
Never had a problem with CS from either.
Back in the old days I'd mail them back with a note and a week or so later would get a new mag in the mail. So CS has been good from both over my career of 1911's
Since their both under one hat now hope it stays as good, pretty sure it will!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts