1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the thoughts on the ruger target I bought a ri ultra 9mm fs last week im impressed with it for the money thinking about another 9mm 1911 hows the ruger rate

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one, and like it. Trigger is OK, reliability is 100% out of the box with what I've loaded which is 124 gr FMJ and 124 gr and 147 gr Cast bullets. I don't like the bull barrel because of the inconvenient requirement to use a tool (bent paper clip) to contain the recoil spring prior to disassembly. I hear that Rock Islands have an outstanding trigger, and that's another consideration. I've owned RIAs in 45 acp and reliability was always 100%. Were cost no issue, the I'd buy a Dan Wesson to avoid the bull barrel. I must put the bull barrel into proper perspective - I shoot the Ruger more times than I disassemble it.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I own a few Ruger's, but none in 9mm.

If a 9mm target is what your heart desires, I don't think you can find a better gun for the money than a pre-owned Springfield Target or Loaded 9mm. Used, from between $750 to $850, you will never find a Ruger built this well, and I like my Ruger's.

Springfield 9mm - 001.JPG

Springfield 9mm - 002.JPG

Springfield 9mm - 004.JPG

Oh yeah,
@welcome.gif
from the one they call Zoid . . . .

PCZoid-grips-final - 08.JPG

Z

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,122 Posts
Got two Rugers but both are 45s. and both good shooters.
I’ll second the Springer and raise you a Colt or Dan Wesson albeit a tad more expensive.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I looked at them and thought it odd they used the bull barrel etc. like they use on their 10mm. I could see using it on a 10mm, but a 9mm? And they use a normal barrel and bushing on their target pistol in 45ACP. Below the nose of my SR1911-10 compared to a SR1911 in 45.

I got into 9mm target 1911s with SA RO in the spring of 2015. The LGS had it priced at $719. I thought they had mismarked it but the ROs were at that price for over a month at that store. Here it is with my SA RO in 45. These are nice pistols for the money and have a traditional recoil spring and plug (no FLGR).

As time passed in 2017 I bought a Colt GCNM in 9mm when they introduced them. Here it is next to my GCNM in 45 I bought new in 2015.

So the 9mm target pistols are nice. I think the next Ruger SR1911 variant I buy may be in 9mm but I was thinking the CMD or maybe their new little 3.5 inch slide guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts