ruger 1911 9mm target

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by mattallamerican, Feb 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mattallamerican

mattallamerican New Member

Feb 17, 2019
    whats the thoughts on the ruger target I bought a ri ultra 9mm fs last week im impressed with it for the money thinking about another 9mm 1911 hows the ruger rate

2. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    welcome to the forum

mattallamerican likes this.

3. mattallamerican

Feb 17, 2019
    thanks looks like a good site

ZoidMeister and Scaramouche like this.
  4. Grouchy

Grouchy New Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I have one, and like it. Trigger is OK, reliability is 100% out of the box with what I've loaded which is 124 gr FMJ and 124 gr and 147 gr Cast bullets. I don't like the bull barrel because of the inconvenient requirement to use a tool (bent paper clip) to contain the recoil spring prior to disassembly. I hear that Rock Islands have an outstanding trigger, and that's another consideration. I've owned RIAs in 45 acp and reliability was always 100%. Were cost no issue, the I'd buy a Dan Wesson to avoid the bull barrel. I must put the bull barrel into proper perspective - I shoot the Ruger more times than I disassemble it.

5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    I own a few Ruger's, but none in 9mm.

If a 9mm target is what your heart desires, I don't think you can find a better gun for the money than a pre-owned Springfield Target or Loaded 9mm. Used, from between $750 to $850, you will never find a Ruger built this well, and I like my Ruger's.

Springfield 9mm - 001.JPG

Springfield 9mm - 002.JPG

Springfield 9mm - 004.JPG

Oh yeah, @welcome.gif from the one they call Zoid . . . .

PCZoid-grips-final - 08.JPG

Z

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Old Sea Dragon, Dwe and BenchMonkey like this.
  6. mattallamerican

Feb 17, 2019
    thanks for the info the spingers are nice ill have to do a search

7. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Got two Rugers but both are 45s. and both good shooters.
    I’ll second the Springer and raise you a Colt or Dan Wesson albeit a tad more expensive.

8. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I looked at them and thought it odd they used the bull barrel etc. like they use on their 10mm. I could see using it on a 10mm, but a 9mm? And they use a normal barrel and bushing on their target pistol in 45ACP. Below the nose of my SR1911-10 compared to a SR1911 in 45.

[​IMG]

I got into 9mm target 1911s with SA RO in the spring of 2015. The LGS had it priced at $719. I thought they had mismarked it but the ROs were at that price for over a month at that store. Here it is with my SA RO in 45. These are nice pistols for the money and have a traditional recoil spring and plug (no FLGR).

[​IMG]

As time passed in 2017 I bought a Colt GCNM in 9mm when they introduced them. Here it is next to my GCNM in 45 I bought new in 2015.

[​IMG]

So the 9mm target pistols are nice. I think the next Ruger SR1911 variant I buy may be in 9mm but I was thinking the CMD or maybe their new little 3.5 inch slide guy.

9. mattallamerican

Feb 17, 2019
    I think I will pass on the ruger

10. hks1911

hks1911 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    I really like the Springfield's a lot, generally better barrel fit from the factory.

11. SgtAbn

SgtAbn New Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Like my 10mm version. Very reliable and a great value.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted