1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple Mark III's that I love but they are the target and competition Slab sides. Great guns and very accurate. Looking to maybe add a 22/45 lite to play around with.

I do not own a red dot at this point looking around has my head spinning. So I think I want a 3moa for more precise aiming. Looking at a Vortex Venom 3moa.

Am I on the right track? Or am I missing something on this thought?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice, both setups. So DS-SC, is see you have something else I ran across and was debating. Use the factory picatiney rail or get the EGW or Maddmacs dovetail plate.

I see what you like. Did you try the rail first and not work out for you?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have used the factory rail before. I still have a 22/45 (not a Lite) with a C-More that is mounted on a rail. It works fine. It places the dot a bit higher over the bore. It also puts weight more forward on the gun.

Honestly, I shoot both of them just fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just ordered a Mad Macs Precision RMR (for my 22/45 Lite) to mount a holosun so that I can start new shooters on a red dot.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here it is. I really wanted an all black one, but they didn't have one. The blue appears nicer in person than the internet pics I have seen. My first dabble with red dots.
I have a trigger kit coming, will get it installed and then go send some CCI mini mags down range next weekend. I almost feel bad for my mark III's
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
558 Posts
So I just noticed, Ruger calls it a Diamond Gray. I think I like it better that my eyes see it as a gray and not a blue anymore. 😉
I have the same gun that I picked up for my daughters to shoot.

I thought it was blue as well until I added these Blue grips by Stoner and now I see the gray.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I also use the Burris fast fire 3 on my Ruger Mark IV target. It’s been great on the Ruger platform

Reactions: DM-SC
1 - 20 of 21 Posts