Ruger Custom Shop.....

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by walleyemonster, Oct 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Just received an article in my e-mail that Ruger has started a Custom Shop. To start they have a custom 9mm SR1911 and a 10-22.
    List on the SR1911 was $2500ish. Check their website for more info. They are NOT taking personal pistols at this time.
    I apologize if this has been posted before.

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot likes this.
  2. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    A ruger for more than a Baer ??? That'll be a short lived venture.

3. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
  4. BradE

BradE Active Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Yep, no thanks. Ruger always lists MSRP at some ridiculous number, and the actual street price is far less. Even if actually sells for $1800-$2000, still way over priced.

5. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    I'll wait for some of the new owners of these masterpieces to report on them. If nothing else, it should be quite entertaining.

Old Sea Dragon and Steve Owens like this.
  6. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
  7. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

What a real Ruger "Custom" looks like. :thumbs:

8. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Most definitely a function over looks kinda pistol...

9. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017

It'll take time for Ruger to either get inline with the Market and/or offer more services, if not, who cares?

Ruger under Bill Ruger wouldn't have done it. He had a different way of viewing things.

10. bad2006z71

bad2006z71 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2018
  11. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Interesting. If I hit the lottery I would buy one just to make friends unhappy so they could go all yappy about how a Wilson Wombat.....Brownstain.... Boor.... blah..... blah...... blah is better. Then the DW folk would pull out the prayer rugs and point them to CZ land, get down on their knees with their buts pointing up and tell us about about how much better DW is while they bang their heads on the ground. Then there is the new Colt from their Custom Shop which is about $2.4K MSRP I think. How much better is that than the simple Ruger. The Colt folk will tell us. It will be interesting. Right now I could buy anything but would rather shoot what I have and in a year or two we will know about the Ruger.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted