Ruger Gets Marlin

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Bugs, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    B81, Jameeson, xerts1191 and 19 others like this.
  2. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    I couldn't agree more. My brother has a Remington/Marlin. It's not even close to the Marlin's I remember years ago.

HooDoo Man and fallenangelhim like this.

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
  4. seawolfxix

seawolfxix Asker of the Obvious

Dec 10, 2017
    I hope AAC is in good hands.

Cimarronkid likes this.
  5. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    Bushhamster could’ve stayed dead. Old Marlins are pretty sweet.

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  6. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    I always thought Mossberg should’ve acquired them because they were right down the road. Glad to hear another quality CT based company has now acquired them.

7. OneEyedTanker

OneEyedTanker Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2018
    That’s really good news! Can’t wait to see what they can do with Marlin. Hopefully we will see a quality control improvement pretty quickly. I’m wanting a new lever gun in .44 Rem Mag, and I’d love to make it a matching set with a couple of Vaqueros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado Sonny likes this.
  8. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    In the same deal Sierra acquires Barnes.
    Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

xerts1191, OneEyedTanker and Dub like this.
  9. Nicholst55

Nicholst55 Active Member

Jul 23, 2020
    IMHO, this isn't all that exciting. Ruger has been all about the bottom line for many years now. They have been much more focused on QUANTITY, as opposed to QUALITY, for all those years. Marlin products may improve in quality, but I'll bet that it won't be a huge difference.

Badabing11 and Beau Etienne like this.
  10. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017

You can count on quality at least getting marginally better.

You can also count on the customer service getting HUGELY better than anything Big Green has fronted in the last 15 years.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  11. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    So I guess the successful sale of these corporate parts, settles the pending lawsuits? (No more mention of Sandy Hook complaints?)

The article linked in the OP doesn't really address what happened to the liabilities that caused this breakup.

12. Beau Etienne

Beau Etienne Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Agreed Nicholst55.
    Ruger quality control has been, IMHO, sub-standard as compared to say, 7 or 8 years ago. Their service is still stellar and that has saved their butt.

Badabing11 likes this.
  13. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Come on you sad sacks, nothing invigorates a work force more than a new mission. This is good news, we’re just having difficulty absorbing it because it’s 2020, check your girth straps cause I’m really ready to gallop out of this depression with you or without you.

14. henryt

henryt Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2020
    I cant wait for Ruger to put LARGE warning labels on Marlins.

Speedy396, HooDoo Man and Lineman1982 like this.
  15. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    I can't help but see this as a good thing.
    This may actually get me to buy a Marlin again.
    But frankly, unless Iowa goes full libtard and removes my ability to hunt with an AR-15 .350 Legend I doubt I'll get another lever gun.

Colorado Sonny and Dub like this.
  16. NIU2009

NIU2009 Active Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Not likely. Liabilities of the company get transferred to a new buyer, just like assets. How they will apportion those liabilities, I have no idea.

17. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017

I'm sure hoping they don't do that.

I was very pleased that my last Rugers, Redhawk and FTW Hunter '06 don't have noticeable warning labels stamped on them. Perhaps they are moving away from that practice.

Last time I was in a gun shop I rolled by the 1911 rhythm section....S&W offerings didn't look bad at all....until you see half the owners manual stamped on the slides. No thanks. :(

18. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Great news as many know it's impossible to deal with Remington about Marlin parts.
    Maybe the parts are gone, it's just calling the Marlin ph # is useless today.

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

Badabing11 likes this.
  19. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    I believe the main objective of declaring bankruptcy is to settle outstanding debts and liabilities. I could be wrong, but I would think lawsuit liabilities would be included in such a settlement. I believe the bankruptcy court establishes priorities among the claimants, with some claimants having higher settlement claim priority than others. Consequently, the lawsuit litigants would take their place (que) in the bankruptcy settlement and would have to be satisfied with whatever financial proceeds are gleaned from the asset dispersal (sale).

Maybe there is some other factor in play here. I have yet to see the liability settlement specifically discussed in any news article. All news articles seem to just be concerned with who's going to "own" what asset.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  20. NIU2009

NIU2009 Active Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Was a settlement reached in the Sandy Hook cases? I really don’t know. I thought they had only recently decided whether the gun makers could be sued under federal law.

If they have settled, then yes, the judgment would be included in the bankruptcy. If there is no settlement and no judgment, e.g., the case is still pending, then the case itself likely survives.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted