1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Ruger is the other end of the pendulum swing from the 22 I just posted, The 480 being the largest cartridge Ruger has ever put in a revolver. This one was purported to be unfired outside the factory and I see no reason to doubt it. Gun does have some handling marks here and there in the brushed Stainless finish, likely from riding in the plastic case Ruger uses, or shuffling in her last safe for the past few years.

Very hard gun to track down

$1150 Shipped

Revolver Air gun Trigger Ammunition Gun barrel
Cylinder Bicycle part Gas Wood Tool
Revolver Wood Trigger Gas Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Bag Luggage and bags
Rectangle Wood Material property Automotive exterior Gas
Trigger Air gun Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Textile Wood Orange String instrument Trigger
Tool Bicycle part Wood Nickel Metal
Bicycle part Line Bicycle fork Composite material Nickel
Bicycle part Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Spoke

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have one exactly like it. Definitely a hand cannon and fun to shoot

Reactions: Karl Beining

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Dude....Why do you do this to me with the revolvers on a 1911 forum? Did someone give you a list with all the not-so-common sixguns I need on it?

Nice gun and this and the 4&5/8" model are on my list, my actual paper list. If you don't see much action on this relatively rare caliber, I probably know a guy who would talk about taking it off your hands....

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,909 Posts
Nice one! The 454 & 480 are a nicer build than the other versions of Bisley's.
GLWS.

Reactions: Karl Beining

·
Vendor
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One and only drop to 1080 Shipped

Reactions: monster

·
Vendor
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This one is pending relocation, thanks all

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
It looks like Karl got me again. I don't know how I'm going to convince my wife this is for my daughter, but I'm gonna give it a go.

Seriously, I love this caliber and I have wanted one of these since they were announced. Ruger giving us the .480 and then waiting 15 years to put it into a single action was frustrating, but here we are and Mr. Beining is going to be a real part of my family's shooting future and I couldn't be more proud of that and thankful for it.

In short, I'll take it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Merton and I had a smooth trade a few months ago so I can vouch for him as well..... his ffl stinks but that’s not his fault. Lol. You can hunt any animal on the planet with the 480. I can’t afford a linebaugh but this is close enough for me.

Here’s mine.... you will like it. It’s fun to hand it to an unsuspecting person and say hang on....

Air gun Trigger Outdoor recreation Shotgun Gun barrel
String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Wood Shotgun Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Merton and I had a smooth trade a few months ago so I can vouch for him as well..... his ffl stinks but that’s not his fault. Lol. You can hunt any animal on the planet with the 480. I can’t afford a linebaugh but this is close enough for me.

Here’s mine.... you will like it. It’s fun to hand it to an unsuspecting person and say hang on....

View attachment 820723 View attachment 820724
That's awesome and thank you for the kind words. I am past wanting a .475 or .500 Linebaugh, but the .480 Ruger and .500 JRH are right up my alley. I dig the .50 Special as well, but those are custom guns and at least the JRH may be had in the BFR. It's very cool to see others with these guns. They aren't that common and many still haven't even heard of the caliber.

I ditched that FFL! They dragged their feet like some sort of passive aggressive way of saying they didn't want to ship my guns, so I won't. I always buy stuff while I'm there, but I suppose they can afford to lose business in the financial metropolis that is Klamath Falls, OR. The hardware store in my little town was bought from the local family that owned it forever and they've had a few moments of not knowing what to do or inexperience, but it is honest and they are doing better every time. I'm helping them learn how to ship, especially to Ohio!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts