1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Ruger SR1911 Range Report

Tags
ruger
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  2001SportTJ 
#1 ·
I finally got a chance to take the Ruger to the range today. I put 300 rounds through it without any malfunctions. I shot a mixture of WWB, Federal Champion, TulAmmo, Remington UMC, and Speer Gold Dots, no problems feeding or ejecting any of them. I used the factory seven and eight round mags that it came with as well as my Wilson Combat mags and some cheap Kimber mags, no problems out of any of them either. My only complaint is with the sights. I kept shooting left so I thought that I was either jerking the trigger or flinching. I focused on those two issues and I was still shooting about 1" left of my POA, which leads me to believe that the sights are off a bit. I ordered a set of Trijicon HD night sights a few days ago off of Midway but they are on backorder, hopefully that will fix the issue. Overall I am very impressed with this weapon, once I get the sights straightened out I think that this will be my new EDC piece.:thumb:

Crappy iphone pic of the Ruger:

Target shot at 20 yards offhand:

Now i just need to figure out a way to get the grip screw bushing out. When I was putting the grips back on after I detail stripped and cleaned it I stripped the head off of the screw and can't get the bushing out now:mad2:. I might try to use a pair of channel locks but I don't want to scratch the frame. If anybody has any ideas feel free to chime in.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.