Ruger SR1911 Updated Range Report

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by Amsdorf, Oct 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf Banned

Sep 24, 2011
    Took the Ruger SR1911 out to the range again today and put another 300 rounds through it, not a single FTE or FTF, no problems at all. Unfortunately, the bad guy, as you will see at the end of the video had a very, very bad day. :thumb:

[video=youtube;iW06lKqYZYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW06lKqYZYs&hd=1[/video]

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice video. I actually really liked the slower introduction, showing the surroundings and such. Made me feel like I was there, and a lot more personal than just a typically dry range video. :thumb: Glad to hear the gun's running well; looking forward to more videos.

Andy

3. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    That was nicely put together. It looks like that Ruger really shoots well too!

4. Amsdorf

Amsdorf Banned

Sep 24, 2011
    Thanks guys, I shot it on my new iPhone 4S. Still have not figured how to upload in 1080, but I did figure out how to use iMovie to link vids, so I'm making progress. Plus the iPHone 4S has better sound capture, so it does not cut out when I shoot. Previous videos made it sound as if I had a silencer on my pistols and rifles.

5. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I had noticed that before, as far as the sound cutting out. That's pretty quality video for a phone. I have the iPhone 4 that I like, but don't do too much video with it. Perhaps I should! :thumb:

Andy

6. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    What great little vid!
    Good narration.

:thumb:

7. MY-1911

MY-1911 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Nice vid, thanks for sharing.

8. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    These Rugers are really getting some great press!

9. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Excellent vid, Rev. Very nicely done (and nice shooting). :thumb:

10. mike.h

mike.h New Member

Aug 20, 2011
    pretty sweet, sure would be nice if our stuff looked like pit # 6. I like the paper plates and orange dots, BTW

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted