close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger Ruger SR1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by MY-1911, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. MY-1911

MY-1911 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I don't know what's been going on with these lately,but was surprised that my boss told me he picks his up tomorrow.
    His only been waiting about six weeks. I think he said 649.00 + tax i'm sure. Mybe there starting to come out?

2. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    If they are that is great news for everyone waiting for them.

3. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  4. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    They still pop up allocated from all my dist that carry Ruger. Upon contacting them, they simply say, we dont have any

5. Colt 45

Colt 45 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    My lgs had one right after they first came out. It was very nice, but I am a Colt guy so I didn't buy. I went back a week or so to buy it and it was gone. *sigh*

Max

6. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Been hearin' the same thing from our distributor ever since they came out.

Have yet to get even one.

It's a drag for us "mom and pop"shops when the big guys get them and we stand in line with our hat in hand for the crumbs. :mad2:

DAT85

7. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I have never seen one in person....

8. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    I have yet to see one either. My lgs said they had one and it sold in minutes.

9. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I went out looking to my lgs looking for one even though I knew that they were scarce. I get there start talking to the guy saying I was looking to buy my first 1911 and the ruger seemed to be a good deal, then I couldn't believe what happened next, he pulled one from behind the counter and said "Oh this is what you're looking for?" At this point I was almost drooling while reaching for the money when he quicley grabbed it back and said it isn't for sale. It's their only one and they are keeping it to show people, but he could put me on the list that's 150 people long. On the upside I guess I did get to fondle it for a couple minutes.

10. minderasr

minderasr Member

Aug 20, 2011
    For dinner and a movie you could fondle mine! :biggrin1:

[​IMG]

11. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    My gun buddy has one and they are OK. Nothing great but good for the money. Desert Eagle for the money is better. STI spartan is equal.

12. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    I dont know. After its all said, it's just a $649. A year from now, when you look in your safe, you'll say, "why did I spend my money on that?"

Save your money for a while longer and buy something in the next tier up. JMO

claire

13. MY-1911

MY-1911 Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I saw it and it's a nice gun for the money. Ruger,USA,Good three Dot sights,nice checkering on backstrap,nice wood grips. But those VZ's Look Killer!

P.S. This is his first 1911. I think he did good.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  14. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I havn't even seen the new Ruger 1911 yet.
    Does it look/feel right? Is it reliable? Or does it need the typical reliability package etc. ? Seems like a good deal for the money.

15. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Joe Chambers did quite an extensive write up on the sr1911. I believe he posted it on his fb page and on the pro forum.

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    On the Enthusiastic forum as well.. Ron

17. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Can't you pretty much say that for just about any 1911? Save a little more and get _______.

18. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Yeah, but I made the mistake of starting with some less expensive guns so that I could make an immediate purchase. I dont have those guns any longer, andhad I been a little more deliberate and not quite as impulsive, I would have saved myself some money and reduced the frustration level.

My collection is probably smaller than a lot of the peeps here, but I'm very happy with what I have.

I know we all have different ideas about how to do things, I just wanted to share my own experience.

claire

19. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I didn't mean it in a bad way. :rofl2:

I HATE this 1911 sickness. "Hmmmm, if I spend a little more I can get _______" is dangerous.

20. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Very impressive collection at that Claire. :thumb:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted