Running low on White-Out

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by E39, Nov 20, 2011.

1. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    The white-dot front sight on my SA Loaded Combat gets dirty and turns brown. I bought a White-Out correction pen to put the white back in the dot. CLP and a toothbrush doesn't seem to clean it very well. Will be the White-Out pen become a permanent staple of my range bag?

Any suggestions?

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Testor's model paint?

3. G27RR

G27RR Hmmm...

Oct 11, 2011
    Lacquer sticks?

4. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer New Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I use household appliance touchup paint markers. They work pretty well and seem to outlast whiteout and testors. I still find
    myself adding a dab here n there every 500 rounds or so. but its way cheaper than having good sights installed. :)

5. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    The brightest white nail polish you can find, very durable. It will last forever.

Mike

6. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I hate putting model airplane paint on the front sight blade of a 2k Les Baer. :eek

DAT85

7. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    I now uses Testors model paint on my SA Loaded. Found some very good applicators which fit the recessed portion of the front sight. I tried bright yellow and orange but the white shows up best. I have three-dot combat sights but I blacked out the rear sight dots for better contrast. I have trouble with focusing due to eye dominance and my contact lenses so getting rid of the rear dots helped significantly. Eventually want a 10-8 rear u-notch and a gold/brass bead front.

8. rfd

rfd New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    the folks at patchworm sell a nifty glo paint made for gun sights.

9. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have some 10-8 sights with a gold bead front and I have to say in certain lighting conditions it's perfect.

But,in some indoor range facilities whose lighting is less than perfect,I wish I had gone with an XS dot (small) front sight.

DAT85

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I put a drop of fluorescent yellow/green sight paint on the front sight vial. Much better for me.. Ron

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted