Russian made SKS ( all matching numbers)

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by chuck.panoff, Jul 31, 2020.

1. chuck.panoff

chuck.panoff Active Member Supporting Addict

Feb 8, 2017
    Just bought a beautiful piece with immaculate varnished furniture. Made in 1951.

IMG_0930.jpg

My local gun store, Pappy’s, said its the second Russian one that he’s seen in 35 years in business.

It’s a real beauty. I wish I could do a better job photographing it. It's so nice I think I may hang it on the wall rather than put it in the safe.

2. Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian Pigtails and butter please...

Dec 9, 2013

3. Dave W.

Dave W. Active Member

Dec 22, 2019
  4. chuck.panoff

chuck.panoff Active Member Supporting Addict

Feb 8, 2017
    This term ”1911 ADDICTS” is a misnomer.

This addiction has metastasized beyond just 1911s.

5. ~JM~

~JM~ Wrinkled Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Those are fun. Plus you have the optional bullfrog gig.

6. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    I have Chinese that I bought back in 87 that shoots real good and a Yogu that is milled and remains in cosmoline. I do like these rifles! :D

7. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Kind of looks almost like they just used the same M44 stocks, damn nice pick up

8. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    Early 90s SoG imported these. They were available for maybe 1-2yrs. I don’t think it was that large of a number.
    Initially they were unissued still new and covered in cosmoline. I got 3 for $500. Still have one. It’s a 1953 TULA arsenal that is blued with a ‘polished’ bayonet that already had a nice edge on it. Second large shipment that came in were like yours with a satin finish on the bayonet and they weren’t sharp. Many were still new and unissued but some were reworks. By the time this second round became available the price had gone up to $250 a piece. After that we got limited shipments of reworks that had a rough black finish on them and no bayonets. Yet again the demand had driven the price up to $400 a piece.
    That’s a great looking rifle you got there. What arsenal made it? Prices for these pristine Russian SKS’ are silly high now. I’ve seen some being close to a $1000 on gunbroker.

1911 crazed and Colorado Sonny like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted