1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get off my lawn...
14,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do own a couple S&W revolvers with the dreaded lock. Like most, I certainly prefer pre-lock Smiths. Regardless - I took my S&W 625PC to the range, and she never disappoints. Here’s a couple of quick pics, first 10 rounds of 45 Auto Rim @ 7 yards.

D192C096-F248-4F74-82C1-4831CF864FF2.jpeg
5356B0B1-1B54-4DE6-8708-3BE4F86E703F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Excellent shooting with an excellent firearm...I have the same revolver except for the grips...Mine has those nasty looking cushioned oversize rubber grips on it..

·
Get off my lawn...
14,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Excellent shooting with an excellent firearm...I have the same revolver except for the grips...Mine has those nasty looking cushioned oversize rubber grips on it..
Thanks for the kind words! My S&W 625PC was originally equipped with those (hideous) multi colored (red & blue) wood grips. I immediately placed the originals in the box, and slapped on a set of Kim Ahrend’s. Much more to my liking!

·
Registered
217 Posts
100-9X, not bad, a little practice and you will soon have 100-10X. The 625 series has been excellent in the line of accuracy. If I were still competing, I would need to get one similar to yours if the rules allowed it. I have been a fan of ACP revolvers since I started shooting handgun competition back in the early 80. First a Model 25-2, then a custom Model 28-2, a few 1917s... a long list.

The Call front sight is nice. I need to get one for my Mountain Gun and my 22-4.

Nice looking revolver, keep shooting. But why two 5 shot strings?? There are six holes in the cylinder if I am not mistaken?

Kevin

·
Get off my lawn...
14,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
100-9X, not bad, a little practice and you will soon have 100-10X. The 625 series has been excellent in the line of accuracy. If I were still competing, I would need to get one similar to yours if the rules allowed it. I have been a fan of ACP revolvers since I started shooting handgun competition back in the early 80. First a Model 25-2, then a custom Model 28-2, a few 1917s... a long list.

The Call front sight is nice. I need to get one for my Mountain Gun and my 22-4.

Nice looking revolver, keep shooting. But why two 5 shot strings?? There are six holes in the cylinder if I am not mistaken?

Kevin
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement! True, the S&W 625PC is a six shot N-Frame. I’m just in a habit of shooting five shot groups on paper, regardless of handgun capacity.

·
born in the wrong century
4,314 Posts
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement! True, the S&W 625PC is a six shot N-Frame. I’m just in a habit of shooting five shot groups on paper, regardless of handgun capacity.

I remember that style of grip.

You certainly did well with the replacement choice. Looking at that target proves that the fit is great.

I've never owned a .45acp revolver.....but understand this is a deficiency that should be corrected. :)

Great gun and great shooting.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Good shooting!

For those that hate the LOCKS but have learned to live with them.
TK Customs sells a kit with a filler plug for them and makes it look a little better and of course defeats the lock
FWIW

Reactions: Dub
1 - 13 of 13 Posts