1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
645 was the first handgun I purchased on my own..

Sadly it was stolen, used in a murder and I never got it back.

·
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, there you go. You can re-live your youth. I see lots of them on GB, few this nice. If I was a 45 guy I'd be owning this

Reactions: 1L26

·
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
middle aged white guy
5,654 Posts
my lgs has one...at first glance I thought it was a 4506....I would have grabbed it if it was.

4506 with adjustables… one I wish never got away.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
To be Sonny, need a matched pair with the classic shoulder rig. Good times, good memories.:)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Season 1 and 2 he did, then the 645 in season 3 and 4 and finally a S&W 4506 is season 5.

I was into the show just a little bit :cool:

Pretty good write up with an amazing scene from an episode with an amazing lightning-quick Mozambique drill

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/10/22/miami-classic-the-80s-era-smith-wesson-model-645-45-acp
I bet it took more than one take to get that Mozambique drill right wearing those tacky gloves ... that would have been really hard to do. Cool video from a great show.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I bet it took more than one take to get that Mozambique drill right wearing those tacky gloves ... that would have been really hard to do. Cool video from a great show.
I thnk Jim Zubiena probably could've pulled it off in one take :cool2:

I always preferred the fake Ferrari from the early seasons (it was built on a Corvette actually) over the white Testarossa.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a16372/the-cars-of-miami-vice/

I bought a 645 when they first came out, ate every type of ammo I fed it, even the old "flying ashtray" jhp from Speer lol. Great pistol however a bit on the large size for concealed carry though just fine in a duty/range holster.

Traded it for the 745, ended up selling that for who knows what! A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nice write up..

One of the most under rated 45's of all time the 4566, and in 9mm the 5906 3rd Generation!
Pair of S&W Gen 3s 20181008_091449.jpg

Both have fresh night sights for EDC and in home protection!

Smiles,

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Also had this one for awhile, 4567, found it at my old preferred shop back in Tucson that I used to ship my late dad's guns to my shop in Denver. Fine gun though a bit on the chunky side lol, also ate everything I ever fed it. Wish I still had this one, again-no idea what I sold it to get ahahaha.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
These look like awesome guns. Which ones were SAO?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Way back when I started shooting IPSC it was with a 645 and all the issues at the line with the Hammer down and the safety off.....Had to explain it just about every time. One of the guys I shot with was building a new 1911 off a SA Mil Spec and had a 745 from the PC to sale....Sold my 645 and Model 39 to move up to the 745.

Great Pistols.

Karsten

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,624 Posts
Years ago in one of the forums a man wrote that he was a Bren Ten owner and Miami Vice fan. He was watching the show where Sonny dropped a mag into the water off a dock or pier. He recognized the place as it was local. A trip there revealed the mag was left there after shooting ended so he dove in and recovered it, and now it's his.
Well, we all know it just has to be true if it's on the internet right???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts