S&W M25 JM model...

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by Mythree, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Bought this S&W Jerry Miculak model M25 .45ACP revolver - this is HANDS DOWN the most accurate revolver I have ever had the pleasure to put my hands on, shoot, and own.

This is a keeper for sure anyone that owns one please chime in - :nod::thumb: hardly any felt recoil, smooth as silk trigger, and front brass bead is dead nuts accurate.

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Photos, man! :lol:

Sounds like a good one. Is the trigger face serrated or smooth? I know he's gone back and forth over the years.

Andy

3. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    serrated - Its filthy as I just shot it and haven't had the time to clean but I will take pics and get them up ASAP

4. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Need pics. Those guns are really nice.

5. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    That's awesome. Can't wait to see pics. I've wanted a .45acp revolver for a long time.

6. Mythree

Oct 9, 2011
    Got to get these up tomorrow promise sorry for the delay

7. S391

S391 Member

Jan 31, 2012
    625 JM's rock! I've been shooting one in IDPA the last year and I love it. Everyone should own one :)

[​IMG]

8. Fire-Medic

Fire-Medic Back At It

Jan 10, 2012
    What does one of these run? I have a friend been telling me for years if I shoot a revolver in 45 ACP I will be HOOKED!!!

Question for those who know- will the 45 ACP reload for a semi-auto work with the wheel gun, or would you need a separate setup for the tool crimp most revolver rounds have?

9. S391

S391 Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I use the same load in my revo as I do in my 1911's... I worked up my loads for the revolver then started shooting 1911. Depending on your set up you may need to adjust your loads to fit both. Some of the 625-2 model guns had tight chambers and they could be finicky with certain ammo.... I had Mike Carmoney work on my gun and he polished the chambers, opened them up to SAAMI specs then chamfered the openings.... The thing is beyond smooth.

You can find used 625JM's in the $750-$900 range.

10. Fire-Medic

Fire-Medic Back At It

Jan 10, 2012
    Thank you very much for all of this information :thumb:

11. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Yes! A nice 625 is hard to beat.
    Enjoyed revolver shooting for well over 30 yrs. and still enjoy it. I load my IPSC 230 RN Bayou bullets, 3,9 GR. N-310 a little shorter1.245" for my 625, which in theory speeds up my reloads. Power factor is 171 out of my 5" and super accurate. 200 Gr. SWC is also extremely accurate, but not suitable for competition where speed is a factor.

My 625 is completely tricked out, but I was lucky conserning the chamber specs, which was only chamfered and polished.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted