1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
Congrats!

I hope it serves you well.

I bought a 41 years ago for Bullseye matches.
It was a very beautiful and accurate gun,
but it would only feed Remington match ammo which was not very plentifully at the time.

When Browning came out with the Buckmark 5.5
Target, it was Half the price and just as accurate, and ate anything I gave it.

So I sold the 41.:oops:

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the 7" model, I've only hand cycled it and it fed what I offered and chunked em out the side.

·
Registered
825 Posts
20190106_092745 62 M41.jpg
They have a reputation for loving CCI S/V ammo!

This is the 62' vintage with the "cocked" indicator and "Sport" barrel mounted! Not shown is the original unmolested 5" barrel! It is interesting to note that the grip profile is slightly different than the later issues!

The second is and 82' vintage!

Mine do!

Smiles,

Attachments

Reactions: swampgas

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a couple of 'em when I was shooting bullseye. Both VERY picky about ammo, but liked CCI Standard Velocity.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 444865 They have a reputation for loving CCI S/V ammo!

This is the 62' vintage with the "cocked" indicator and "Sport" barrel mounted! Not shown is the original unmolested 5" barrel! It is interesting to note that the grip profile is slightly different than the later issues!

The second is and 82' vintage!

Mine do!

Smiles,
I'd like to get a 5" barrel assembly, if it will fit the frame. Where do to run across dating these Models?

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,624 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, 41 barrels will fit a 41 frame, however fitting may be required. One of mine dropped right on, another didn't.

·
North Central AZ Grasslands
3,272 Posts
Here is mine. This is an '89 5.5 inch with an C-More STS red dot

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,624 Posts
If you start looking for other barrels, become familiar with the different rear sights offered. The newest ones use a BoMar style sight (Kensight).

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you start looking for other barrels, become familiar with the different rear sights offered. The newest ones use a BoMar style sight (Kensight).
Thanks for the info, I'll start looking...that's half the fun

Also would like to replace the Hi Standard HD Military I had, it really shot lights out, it thought it was a rifle.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
41's are great pistols that have been around forever.
Glad Smith keeps making them

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Be careful shooting those Mini-Mags. 41s were designed to shoot standard velocity ammo. A steady diet of full power loads can damage them, unless you put in a more powerful recoil spring. Get some SV ammo - its in general more accurate and nicer to shoot.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got some Federal, Geco, and other standard power rounds. I've read the standard load advice, I'll see if S&W has stronger springs too, Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
That is one sweet pistol. Been wanting one for many years. Been wanting lots of things for many years!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts