1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
S&W's conspiracy with Massachusett's Attorney General making S&W's line part of the NEW "roster" was shameless. If S&W didnt work WITH the anti-2A politicians it's likely the roster wouldn't exist.Very dirty backroom deals is a dagger I feel and won't forgive.

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,908 Posts
Thanks for posting this. It's a pretty good write up on the subject. I'm one of those that pretty much stopped buying S&W. I have a mild dislike for MIM parts and a strong dislike for the lock. The really poor customer service I've received put the nail in the coffin.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
It is a shame S&W has that lock with the new technology on barrels and triggers, CNC'd parts and a resurgence in the interest in revolvers, this could be a golden age for S&W. With their internal lock system I not really interested. I just buy pre-lock S&Ws from estates and friends. I know it doesn't bother some people, but it bothers me.

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,908 Posts
There was a time when I adopted a new S&W just about every month if not even faster. Now I don't even look at the new offerings. Now I keep a watch for interesting older S&W's, Colt's and others.

·
Registered
433 Posts
While I don’t like the history behind the lock, it doesn’t stop me from buying them. I own more than a few of them, and carry them with confidence.

·
born in the wrong century
5,877 Posts
Great article. Thanks for posting @SLAM37

I hate the looks of the lock and hate what it represents. My father had one of his Performance Center model .357 have the lock deploy while he was on the range. Steel frame & exposed hammer.

I have one of the no-lock J-Frames, a 442, that I carry often.

Seems like S&W already has a working strategy with their semi-auto pistols in that you can order them with or without safeties and such. They could follow through with the same plan on their wheelguns.....offer them with & without the stupid internal locks.

They'd sale a gazillion guns the first month.

Maybe I just look at things overly simplistically.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I’ve not read the article yet. Will on my lunch tonight. That lock is a deal breaker for me. I will never buy a smith with that BULLSH!T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
The ILS is pants-on-head retarded.

Reactions: Dub

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
Each to their own . I don't like the looks of the lock , but it doesn't seem to effect performance .

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Each to their own . I don't like the looks of the lock , but it doesn't seem to effect performance .
I personally don’t care if this stupid lock doesn’t interfere with performance. I will not have a smith revolver with that nonsense in it. I despise these as much as magazine disconnects, maybe more.
I have never looked a smith revolver since these first appeared. Until they are removed, I will probably never consider buying a smith revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had a S&W PC 627 8 times and the lock would engage when I was firing. Sent it back, they were very accommodating, but it did it again. Was a competition gun and that is obviously NG for comp

1 - 20 of 32 Posts