1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. Posted today for sale is a bit of a rare bird. It's a Champion sized Springfield Armory 1911 designated by SA as the M968.

There isn't a ton of information on them. They carried the model designation of M968 and from what I can gather were some of their first renditions of a lightweight Champion sized pistol.

Now adays theirs comes with a bull barrel but their earlier models came with a standard barrel and bushing, such as this one.

It comes with the box and tools as shown, but if you notice the instruction manual in the picture is for an Omega. I have no idea why. The box is correct with the gun but the guy I bought it from said he had bought it and it came with the Omega instructions so I just kept it all together even though it isn't correct.

Like my other listing for sale, only listing to help offset the cost of some custom work I'd like done. That and there is 1 in particular I have my eye on here I'd love to have. Ok, actually there are 2 come to think of it.

Anyhow, price is $800 shipped.
Wood Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Brown Gun Wood Firearm Trigger
Wood Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Grey Hardwood Tan Metal Silver
Wood Gun Firearm Hardwood Trigger
Machine Box Office supplies Office equipment
Brown Gun Wood Firearm Trigger

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely not something you see everyday.

I picked it up because it was different and I hadn't heard of it before. I was back and forth on getting work done to it or keeping it stock. Then I got my Colt .38S Commander. Its the LWT model with the green frame and there's some work I'd like done to it. Haha

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
1,341 Posts
I’m curious; Does this have a ramped barrel?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts