Springfield Armory SA QC Issues Recently?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by txice, Mar 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. txice

txice New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Im looking at picking up another TRP Operator and wanted some input .I have an earlier model manufactured in 2010 (NM serial #) that is a tank. Love that thing. I have heard rumors that the later batches have suffered some QC issues. Any truth to that? Im looking at one made in 2015 with the new style gray box. Thougths?

simonp likes this.
  2. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I bought a new Range Officer three years ago that I have been extremely pleased with and have run in many matches without issue. I own/ed Wilson, Dan Wesson, Fusion, and Colts. I would buy SA again based on my experience.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019

3. Justin_Pelletier

Justin_Pelletier Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 27, 2016
    never had an issue with any of the ones ive owned. if there was ever an issue Deb would take care of it ASAP!. Ive had just about every brand 1911 out there, ive sold everything but my SACS and a Les Baer.

4. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    I realize it isn't the model your speaking of but, my new RO Compact is pretty tight in fit and finish and accurate to boot. Hope you get what you're looking for.:thumbs:

BennyAdeline likes this.
  5. Russdxt

Russdxt Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I have a trp with 2015 night sights. It has run without problem with “problem mags” and any ammo I throw at it.

I bought a silent operator with the intention of selling it, but it’s so reliable.

Plus the support of Springfield is the best I have seen.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted