SA Range Officer 9mm

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by jcc7x7, Jan 4, 2020.

1. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    I got that one in a trade with another member
    Techwell made the set, grips and magwell, last year I think but don't see them on their website any longer.
    Might be worth a call to see if they have any left and just took them off the site etc!

Bully likes this.
  2. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Seems the SA USA likes 124/5 the best and the front sight returns a little quicker to the rear notch with them. Shot it again today, indoors. 25yds is always a good work out for me. Easy to get lazy and shoot close stuff in practice. I shoot mostly uspsa and there isn't often long shots.
    BUT
    working at 25 yds to start and then coming in closer makes the closer stuff go much smoother and feels quicker. 25 yd shooting is always a confidence booster for me when I go closer after the 25yd stuff

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020

3. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Short range time today, just another 100 through the SA "USA"
    Keeps running and doing what it's supposed to!
    I seemed to keep up with it today. Think it's the excitement of warmer weather soon to come!

dash likes this.
  4. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Been shooting it right along this last month. Both of my clubs, the ranges are open but club house and all activities are shut down. At least we can go and practice!
    gun runs great and is accurate, easy to manipulate and at this point is well proven to me.
    It's GTG for SS division in USPSA when the matches start again.

5. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Quick update for those who care!!!! LOL
    I thought that Shamdemic shutdown was going to close the season this year. So I scheduled a knee replacement surgery for June8th. Of course as the surgery got closer the matches started opening up.
    Got the knee done and 5 weeks in as of today, it's going real good can do all the normal stuff again at about 50-80% speed. Sure miss the matches though.
    Going to go shoot and get some basic practice in. Hoping to be able to do some movement drills over the next couple of months.
    Gun is still GTG, starting to become a keeper I think!

6. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Wait till you get to us older folks age! ;
    Wait till you get OLD! ;)

But happy as a clam with my RO Champion in 9mm, and I stay wicked with it.

Fred_G and jcc7x7 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted