Sabbatical time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BennyAdeline, Mar 22, 2019.

1. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    It’s been a busy couple years at work. As the top guy, I don’t get much time to relax. During this crazy period my wife and I had two children, I lost my father, and I dealt with a lingering illness for about 6 months. I missed barely any time during those events.

The past few weeks have been nuts. No time to myself, no time to post here, but luckily still able to keep the family obligations balanced.

I finished up some big stuff and the partners asked to meet with me. They acknowledged my dedication and hard work as well as my never taking time to myself. They gifted me 2 weeks paid sabbatical that doesn’t count against my vacation package or sick time. Today is my last day in the office and I return the 8th.

The wife is still working and the girls will still be going to daycare. I’ll hang out on here and shoot a lot, But I’m slowly realizing I have no idea what else to do with my time.

2. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Take your kids out of daycare for the duration
    Build a treehouse with your kids
    Take your kids to a museum
    Take your kids on a picnic with dad

3. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I am with El. P. recommendations..

If your working that much they would love the dad time.

4. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011

Make time to MAKE MEMORIES with your family...
    Kids don't care how much money you make or how much your suits cost... they want to feel the connection you have with them...and they love making memories...
    20 years goes by in a flash ....

ENJOY It !!!!

5. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Enjoy it!
    Most of us spend way too much time working.
    It’s that double edged sword. Work hard, be successful.

Colorado Sonny and BennyAdeline like this.
  6. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    While I admire and respect your nose to the grindstone work ethic, do take time to smell the roses. My condolences on passing of your father .
    As I read thru your last couple of years, I was shocked. Man sleep in, spend time out in nature if you can, with a gun or two. Pick up the kids early from daycare, make dinner for the family. All things I wish I HD done more often.

7. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    I can only echo what is stated above! Family is VERY important and you can bet the time dedicated to work, is also missed on the home front! Congrats on the time off and being commended on your dedication. Glad you have partners that recognize great work ethics.:thumbs:

Colorado Sonny and BennyAdeline like this.
  8. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    It may not seem like it now...but it is as Joe stated!

You will look back in twenty years and wonder where all the time went. And no matter how much time you spent with your family, and how many memories you will have, you will wish you had spent more time with your family and had more great memories! I can't emphasize it enough! Especially if something bad happens!

Enjoy your well earned time off!

9. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Take one morning and night .
    Dr Tac. :rolleyes:

755EDEC5-D613-4DA8-A97D-C1FF4C599DE2.jpeg

10. BennyAdeline

Nov 26, 2018
    Thanks guys!

Lots of time with the kids doing fun stuff is definitely on the docket! My oldest (3) will learn how to breakdown and clean her Crickett rifle.

I plan on taking a couple days to myself to shoot and maybe take a few hikes (the kids are too young to tag along)

Evenings will be the same as the family is all home and that’s where I like to be.

11. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    THIS ..... for sure......
    LOL

BennyAdeline and tac45 like this.
  12. stlgecko

stlgecko I’m just here for the 1911’s

May 24, 2014
    Shoot guns, then hookers and blow. Not the reverse.

xerts1191, FWoo45 and BennyAdeline like this.
  13. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    BA, I'm sure the little misses appreciates the hard work and time you put in to support the family but, make sure to show her how much you appreciate the hard work she does on the home front too!:D:thumbs:

xerts1191 and BennyAdeline like this.
  14. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    At some point, people tend to ask themselves, Do I work to live or live to work. Just don’t ask yourself to late.

Enjoy your time off.

xerts1191 and BennyAdeline like this.
  15. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Opposite end of the spectrum here. I'm out of work while my wife works overtime to try and keep the bills paid. Feeling pretty useless right now.

BennyAdeline likes this.
  16. BennyAdeline

Nov 26, 2018
    Hang in there brother. Good things come to good people.

xerts1191 and InstiGator like this.
  17. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Thanks, brother. It's hard sometimes, but I'm an optimistic guy. It will work out.

BennyAdeline, xerts1191 and FWoo45 like this.
  18. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Kids aren’t kids for long; spend every minute you can with them.

BennyAdeline and xerts1191 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted