·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Texas

2013 Springfield Armory Custom Shop order received almost 1 year later 2014

Custom Shop PC9201 9mm 5”

It has well under 1500 shot through the tube. I screwed up when I ordered this piece because I was trying to keep my cost down and got a plain front strap. When I decided I wanted checkering, SACS was not accepting work at that time.

JT Timmons Custom did the work for 25 LPI checkering, high front strap and re-blued the entire piece to match in 2018. He did an excellent job.

When I first got the pistol, I shot a 50 round LEO accuracy match.... 50 rounds on a B27 target. All stages timed, no support with 12 rounds from 15 yards in 35 seconds and 18 rounds from 25 yards in 90 seconds. I was very impressed with accuracy. This is my target that caused some arguments between shooters because of their opinion what the score should have been. The match director was the final say so.

I also shot a 600 round NRA Instructor class (2015) with this piece. Absolutely perfect reliability and very good accuracy. Other classmates got to shoot it and all commented it was nice. Here is my qualification target for that class.

Since then.... just shot here and there... cleaned and parked. I shot it some rounds (late 2019), cleaned and put back in my safe. I did put a scratch on the slide while holstering using a kydex holster (ejection) side..... so the first scratch is done..... no worries for any additional marks (HA!)

There are other very minor handling/holster marks at the top of the slide that will be difficult to see on images.

I have never used the original wood grips. They stayed brand new in the factory box. I removed the factory sights, which was black Novak rear and front black ramp, which are in the box. Currently sports a F/O front and Frank Proctor Y Notch rear. Shoots POA POI. It came with two 9 round factory mags, that are included.

Trigger breaks clean at 3 lbs 10 oz. Majority of components were numbered by SACS to the last numbers of the serial number. I took it completely down and gave it a detailed cleaning. It came with the S&A custom drilled magwell and blended to the frame. Tool steel components except for the disconnector which is always MIM but no issues.

The boo boos-
Besides that one scratch on the ejection side of the slide and the one buggered grip screw slot (screwdriver slipped DOH!), there are some minor dings on the muzzle that I don’t have a clue how they got there. I am mad at myself if the gun came this way and I never caught it. I never carried this piece where it would have dinged like this.... so I am at a loss. They are purely cosmetic and not near the muzzle crowning. See the image.

Other than that, this piece is very smooth and easy to operate. Why am I selling it... thinking down the road of what I have and what I will shoot..... this piece will likely sit. Other pieces (not necessarily 1911s) I have will likely be marketed because I don’t shoot them.

I am mainly focusing on my duty and off duty carry and competition these days, and I need to thin the herd and minimize any impulse buys to nothing.

Included is the Factory SACS box, two mags, and build sheets.

$1900 US CONT ONLY SHIPPED with INS FFL to FFL

(USPS MO ONLY.... sorry I will not accept any other forms of payment)

NO STATES WITH RED TAPE

No trades please and lowballers will be ignored.

TFL

·
Registered
668 Posts
Man, I love this! GLWS!

Reactions: SW CQB 45

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to add 5 things.

It irritates me to by an expensive gun and it only comes with two mags, especially single stack. I bought 5 CMC 10 round mags in 2015 to take to the NRA class. These were also my mags that I used when I carried a DW Valkyrie on duty. 100% reliable in feeding but I did have an issue with over insertion in the DW. Come to find out the DW checkered front strap was chewing the plastic base pad. My 3XL hands were no help either (HA!), but I replaced the base pads...so they are good now.

The history with the mags when I first got them was difficulty loading the 10th round. After discussion with CMC, they suggested I cut a 1 to 1.5 coils of spring. I cut 1.5 coils and it improved loading #10 however does take a little extra effort to seat on a in battery slide. The reason I disclose this info, should someone end up with these mags, if you were to replace the spring with fresh.... this knowledge will be helpful should #10 round be difficult to load.

CMC 10 round mags shine with a shortest tube but it has to be tight in there when loaded to the hilt. Look at a CMC 10 compared to a Tripp 10 mag body length in my DW Valkyrie.

Tripp

CMC

Anyway... zero issues with reliability at the NRA school with 600 rounds in 3 days and carried my DW on duty with no issues in training and qualification.

If this piece sells, I wont have a defensive type 9mm single stack.... so these mags will just sit. I will include these mags with the purchase of this CC9.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Great gun with even better seller....these full house SACS custom carry’s don’t come around too often...especially in 9MM. SACS is a top shelf pistol. Good luck with sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts